Water Loving Jackson Cham

amt

Our Jackson did a strange thing today he stuck his entire head underneath water for like a minute straight -- apparently he wanted to touch the sand at the bottom of the pool and he picked it up and dropped it several times.

Do Chams like to play in water or is mine just strange -- I took some photos of this because I figured it was a strange behavior I just need to figure out how to get them off my phone.

Anyone else's Cham love playing in the water?

Our little guy is very interested in all things I just never figured he would play in the water and certainly not under the water.

My Jackson likes to put his head under the water sometimes too :) I've caught him just a small amount of times. Mine doesn't pick anything up though, or so I haven't noticed. Can't wait to see pics if you figure out your phone! :D
I'm editing my comment because I want to make it clear that my cam does NOT have standing water in his cage - he likes to put his head under the dripping water.

Your chameleon should not have access to enough standing water to submerge its head.

Thats improper husbandry.

Your chameleon should not have access to enough standing water to submerge its head.

Thats improper husbandry.

I was wondering when someone would mention this, leave it to snake ;)

Also, it's fairly common for jax to stick their heads under dripping, or even
running water.
Noogie sits under it and lets it drip on his head for hours.
Kokie does the same :cool:

Back
Top Bottom