what else can i feed my panther...?

joanne1920

Hi,

What else can i feed my panther,he is 12 weeks old. he currently gets brown crickets and locusts gutloaded with either apple or cabbage. I tried with mealworms and he isnt that bothered.

Can he eat plants or vegetables/greens too?

Bearing in mind i'm from the uk i cant always access some of the 'bug' that are listed on this site :(... wanna make sure he is a ahappy healthy boy though:)

thank you in advance :)

yeah i tried a couple, wasnt that interested but could try him again now he has settled. I've only had him a couple of weeks.

you can try but most panthers do not eat vegetation like the Veilds do. Do you have access to silkworms? They are a great feeder and one of the low fat worms.

try:

-silkworms
-hornworms
-roaches (dubia, hissers, green banana, porcelain)
-stick insects (if available in your area)
-painted lady butterflies (NOT monarch)
-butterworms

Last edited:
I'm in the uk too n haven't been able to find anywhere that sells hornworms, if you find anywhere could u let me know please?! I'd really like to get some for Calvin. He has dubais mostly now, crix occasionally but now she's in the screen cage I'd rather feed from a cup!

Cool name....I bet he's boy though! Lol ours was sold to us a boy but bee told on here that she's a girl... was gonna change her name to Carol but I can't get it to stick lol

no I haven't actually.. I'll check later though, thanks :)

I believe hornworms are illegal in the Uk. Not sure though.

However, you definitely should have phasmids as a staple for your guy. They are legal in the Uk, are super easy to keep and continuously reproduce. Not to mention that chams absolutely love them and are gutloadable with common growing bramble and romaine lettuce. Look into devil horns and budwing phasmids. These are perfect for chams, and because you'll have a small colony, you'll have the right size phasmid for your cham, regardless of his size.

Back
Top Bottom