What is the attraction of. Veilds?

Lala0

I'm just wondering why people are so keen on veilds? I can understand with a panther coz you get the amazing colours but what do veilds offer?

I love veileds because they have so much personality and they have amazing colors. ;)

jannb2.jpg

cams022011137.jpg

Reactions: Kmw
My veiled has more colours on him than my panther.

Of course, they're both equally gorgeous and I love them equally. :p

I agree with the personality. My guys can actually ask for Kale in their way which we recognize. Two of them can decide to come out or stay in their cages. They like to sleep in their tree or on their rope in the office, they can be sweet or stubborn and my two big males are beautiful!

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 120
This is Stanley, son of Jann's Luie and Camile.... I am so proud of him he is the sweetest friendliest little guy ever!!!!!!!
1018443592hBuLe-O-L.jpg

Stanley-0471-L.jpg

I definitely think personality is number one for me, at least with my guy. He does not have all of his colors in yet but I can tell he's gonna be one good looking cham. Panthers are colorful as you say, but personality is number one for me (I'm not saying panthers don't have personality, I am just saying color is not everything. You do have to live with the animal after all!)

I'm just wondering why people are so keen on veilds? I can understand with a panther coz you get the amazing colours but what do veilds offer?

Veileds, just like many other species that "arent colorful" like panthers, have much to offer. As you can see they do have some nice colors and others have said what they like also. They have a huge casque, get big etc. Its all really opinion. Personally I think panthers are one of the most boring chameleons out there. Im not huge on the veileds either but horns, raised scales, casques, subtle colors etc get my gears going more than the panthers.

I liked my female veiled very much, but am not a big fan of males. I just don't know how much I like the huge casque. But the casque on females is much more dainty and I love the blue and yellow spots.

I don't know that I will ever have another one though. I'm shifting my attention to a couple very new species for me which I find fantastic and gorgeous, and I foresee always having at least one panther in the house, regardless of whatever I other species I have.

Honestly, it's all taste. There are some species I find a little ugly while others are extremely interesting and beautiful, and someone else will have the opposite opinions. If I had infinite space I would have a dozen species or more, I'm sure, but I don't so I have to be really selective. There's a lot to love in many species, and that's for sure. And panthers aren't the only ones with bright, flashy rainbow colors!

Really? I love my veiled cham to death, but I can't stand her personality. She's so aggressive and mean, and it really bugs me :/ Am I the only one with a non-cool veiled? lol

Really? I love my veiled cham to death, but I can't stand her personality. She's so aggressive and mean, and it really bugs me :/ Am I the only one with a non-cool veiled? lol

I love my litle female veiled but she's a grumpy little thing lol! Still early days as we have only had her a month but no, you're not the only one :)

I met one last week that thought human fingers were a healthy alternative to crickets

I know someone with a really boring brown pet. No horns, no spines or scales - not even a prehensile tail. On top of all that he's noisy and smelly and leaves hair everywhere. Gotta love the little doggies though, even if I'm more of a lizard lover.
So in answer to your question - what everyone else said, lol - it's a question of personal preference for lots of reasons :)

Back
Top Bottom