What's this with my crickets...?

I Gut load my crickets with Both products from Repashy . Beside that they also get greens also ,Dandelion green ,Collar green ,papaya. Carrots ,apple ,orange rinds. All into a blender ,then into ice cube trays in the freezer. Once frozen removed from trays and bagged in Ziplock bags into the freezer when needed.
Works out real well.

Attachments

• repashy-superload.jpg
    repashy-superload.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 99
  • repashy-bug-burger_1.jpg
    repashy-bug-burger_1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 72
Good idea- freezing ice cubes of gutload- handy when you have a summer glut of alfalfa for the winter- I'll have to do that next year- Thanks for the tip!(y)

Good idea- freezing ice cubes of gutload- handy when you have a summer glut of alfalfa for the winter- I'll have to do that next year- Thanks for the tip!(y)
Thank you and It's very handy and cheap to do. I found this Idea from long time Chameleon owners . Thanks Olimpia and others .
Here it is feeding the best ingredients ,gets results .that's why feeders look like body builders lol. I found by doing so makes alot and goes a long way.
Here it is View attachment 168706 View attachment 168706Yummy ! Good lettuce not iceberg,Apples,carrots,Basil,Dandelion green,Alfalfa,Bee pollen.View attachment 168708Body View attachment 168708Body Builders Drink for all your feeders .

Attachments

• IMAG1009.jpg
    IMAG1009.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG1011.jpg
    IMAG1011.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG1013.jpg
    IMAG1013.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG1014.jpg
    IMAG1014.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG1015.jpg
    IMAG1015.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Wow, thanks Stinger, great pictures and looks super nutritious. I have read Olimpia's blog but must of missed that.
I think of all that alfalfa and kale I didn't use this year.. Grrrr.
Still, it's so good I'll be doing it for next year, I think I'll do a batch now as we have butternut squash and beetroots that I can use.
Many thanks again for taking the time to show and tell.
:)

Idk why but i did this exact same thing, froze the cubes. Then i would drop the cube in the container. the crikets would just stare it it, then when it would cool off and melt they would drown in the sludge from trying to eat it lol.

Idk why but i did this exact same thing, froze the cubes. Then i would drop the cube in the container. the crikets would just stare it it, then when it would cool off and melt they would drown in the sludge from trying to eat it lol.
maybe add some biscuit or a cracker net time...:p

jiminy-cricket1.jpg

Its easy to thicken Add some Flax seed, whole wheat grain, I've even added Bee pollen this stuff is not cheap 1/2 a teaspoon for a whole mix.
You control the desired its consistency;):).

Yes ill have to try again, for a lack of better words, it was like they were reenacting pearl harbor in the mixture i made. I was kinda upset lol. I got cricket crack but i reallt want to make my own.

Back
Top Bottom