Whats up with these colors??

Toph00

Attachments

• IMG_0931[1].jpg
    IMG_0931[1].jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 306
Yeah, for the past couple of weeks it looks like he is just a ghost in his cage. Its like he is a pale yellow now. His attitude has not change at all, just color. The Raptor edition brings out yellow, reds, and oranges. Think its that? He also has always gained more red on his chin and yellow on his belly as he has gotten older every month

He looks awesome!!

The dino fuel theory is quite plausible. I've been using dino fuel regular edition on my Oh My! male and his blue colors are starting to dominate. His bars used to be primarily red but now they've become purple since dino fuel. He's also become more neon-like green body.

From what I've read, the regular dino fuel encourages greens/blues where the raptor edition is for yellows/red/orange.

I may have to give the raptor edition a try :)

Also though, if we're talking about young animals their colors will still change dramatically, even if they are over a year old. The Dinofuel may or may not have anything to do with it, but yours is clearly still maturing.

This was Daedalus at about a year old:
daedalus9months5.jpg

And this was him 4 months later:
img4139swb.jpg

He went from looking like a Nosy be to looking like something totally different. So they will continue to change as they age.

I still think yours looks like he's fired up, he looks a little too pale to have that be his normal color palette. Is his cage really warm, by any chance?

:D
Also though, if we're talking about young animals their colors will still change dramatically, even if they are over a year old. The Dinofuel may or may not have anything to do with it, but yours is clearly still maturing.

This was Daedalus at about a year old:
daedalus9months5.jpg

And this was him 4 months later:
img4139swb.jpg

He went from looking like a Nosy be to looking like something totally different. So they will continue to change as they age.

I still think yours looks like he's fired up, he looks a little too pale to have that be his normal color palette. Is his cage really warm, by any chance?

I was thinking the same thing in regards to normal color development with age in regards to mine and Toph00's chams since they are both still fairly young.

But,, on the other hand though I personally did see more pronounced coloration development on my guy after using dino fuel. Then again, maybe it's just the placebo effect trying to justify spending money on purchasing it. :D

:D

I was thinking the same thing in regards to normal color development with age in regards to mine and Toph00's chams since they are both still fairly young.

But,, on the other hand though I personally did see more pronounced coloration development on my guy after using dino fuel. Then again, maybe it's just the placebo effect trying to justify spending money on purchasing it. :D

I use Dinofuel myself, so I'm not saying anything against it :) I'm saying that it's probably part of normal color maturation, and who knows if Dinofuel is helping out. It's got lots of good stuff in it, and health is directly tied to how good an animal is going to look, so in that regard I'm sure it's doing something. Just don't think that you're going to alter genetics by using it - you won't get him to be a purple bar by mixing the two editions together! lol

I use Dinofuel myself, so I'm not saying anything against it :) I'm saying that it's probably part of normal color maturation, and who knows if Dinofuel is helping out. It's got lots of good stuff in it, and health is directly tied to how good an animal is going to look, so in that regard I'm sure it's doing something. Just don't think that you're going to alter genetics by using it - you won't get him to be a purple bar by mixing the two editions together! lol

Completely 100% agreed. :D As far as my statement though about my cham's purple bars.. I didn't mean to make it sound like he mysteriously morphed colors. He's always had red and blues in his bars but not since recently did he start displaying more blue/purplish color. It just happened to coincide with the administering of dino fuel..

Anyway, sorry to take away from you thead OP....

His cage is a little warm, I am going to change his heat lamp bulb from a 60w to something lower and see what happens

Thanks, for purchasing my DinoFuel!!! You will be amazed out how well it works and how well the natural pigments in DinoFuel enhance your chameleons pigments. Of course, DinoFuel will not alter genetics, but with a rich balanced diet with DinoFuel, it is inevitable that your animals appearance will improve. No matter what the naysayers say. Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Personally, I'd leave it alone if I were you :D I like the yellows.. That's just me though..

Why would you leave DinoFuel alone? The stuff is 100% organic and has no preservatives. It will only enhance the animals natural pigments.

I see a yellow bodied, blue barred Ambilobe that has more maturing to do. His colors will explode in time. Just wait and see.

Why would you leave DinoFuel alone? The stuff is 100% organic and has no preservatives. It will only enhance the animals natural pigments.

Maybe you didn't catch the whole thread but I was actually super advocating your product. I use the reg. dino fuel and love the stuff. I notice more "pop" to my animals' colors. The OP just asked if he should get the regular to add to the Raptor edition that he's already using. I "personally" didn't see any need for him to do that. That is,, unless you recommend using both.

Maybe you didn't catch the whole thread but I was actually super advocating your product. I use the reg. dino fuel and love the stuff. I notice more "pop" to my animals' colors. The OP just asked if he should get the regular to add to the Raptor edition that he's already using. I "personally" didn't see any need for him to do that. That is,, unless you recommend using both.

No, no, I caught it all. Thanks for the props, I completely understand your point. Sometimes text come off weird. Now worries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom