White goo

Periyozu

Please help, there is a lot of white goo near the bottom of my tank. My lil guy shed his skin for the first time with me yesterday and was a little off the day before. (its not dead skin) looks like rice pudding

A picture would really help. You mentioned that it is not dead skin, but I've seen pieces of my cham's shed turn white and gooey from the constant misting.

A picture would really help. You mentioned that it is not dead skin, but I've seen pieces of my cham's shed turn white and gooey from the constant misting.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 132
You could very well have some sort of mold/fungi type growing in your setup. I'm assuming your setup is all glass with little to no air circulation? Also...are those tiny rock pebbles at the bottom of your cage? If so, I would highly recommend removing them, so your cham doesn't accidentally ingest some.

I have no idea what that is. It might be helpful just in general to post a picture of your set up. As the other member mentioned those rocks pose a hazard to your chameleon. If he injests them accidentally or intentionally, they could cause a blockage and he could die. A picture of your chameleon would be nice to see also, so we can make sure he is healthy. Are you providing calcium and UVB lighting for him?

Yes he has uv lighting and they are rocks, i didnt realise they could be harmful to him ill take them out as soon as im home. Didnt think about fungi from the rock as i seen it and panicked. He was a bit better when i left, he done a massive poo so dont know if he was constipated because he then started walking about again and hunting. Yes i put the calcium powder on his bugs. I can post a pic of him just before i left but will have to wait till i get home for the enclosure

Hi, for some reason i cant post a photo, i managed to put the pic i took just before i left as my avatar

Thank you to all that responded, hes perfect again now and back to bright colours, eating, pooping etc. The only strange bit is the 'white goo' turned brown!! Could this be worm poo? As I did get excited and give him more worms than I should since he was feeding of my hand

Back
Top Bottom