3...2...1...go!!

I am planning on doing the same thing. I was tinking about seeing if I can find a cheap gazebo and then go form there.. I don't have trees in the back so I would fence in a hole at the top so light could come through and then there would be shade. Then wire it up for misting.

I am planning on doing the same thing. I was tinking about seeing if I can find a cheap gazebo and then go form there.. I don't have trees in the back so I would fence in a hole at the top so light could come through and then there would be shade. Then wire it up for misting.

This was my initial thought. We were at Wallyworld the other day and saw this cool grill gazebo. It would have been perfect for a few 2x2x4 cages. Rig up some curtains for the winter and rig up the misting system and bam! I've got visions of something bigger and the wife wants to grow some plants in our future enclosure. lol ;)

This was my initial thought. We were at Wallyworld the other day and saw this cool grill gazebo. It would have been perfect for a few 2x2x4 cages. Rig up some curtains for the winter and rig up the misting system and bam! I've got visions of something bigger and the wife wants to grow some plants in our future enclosure. lol ;)

having your spouse on board is going to be a big plus!!!! with the green house idea you both can have what you want!!!! nice..... :)

Ok here is some ideas i had!! tell me what you think! Ha i salved over these ;p comment and try and break it apart so that you only get the best lol.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 167
  • door view.jpg
    door view.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 161
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 100
  • overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 96
well the only problem with the carports is you are going to have to either cut off the metal sheets, and the metal might rust. As if you go with wood and use a corrugated hard plastic for the whole thing you won't only have a greenhouse, but you would also have a cham cage that will hold humidity and heat. You could also design it to where the plastic can come off and have screen under it so that days that get extremely hot you can have some good air flow.

I build greenhouses for locals in my area, and i have seen people try and use metal sheds, and it always ends bad. I think corrugated plastic is the best stuff.

Hey you live in Katy?!?! My step-uncle (lol) lives there!! His name is Jason Lang. Maybe you know him? Progressive agent is his occupation! haha

Max, this is the type I was thinking. You could start with this as a basic structure then screen the sides and construct a front that would incorporate a door. For sunlight you would probably have to cut out several rectangle shaped portals in the top and screen those but we see a lot of these down here and they can handle wind, weather etc.

wk0g8w.jpg
[/IMG]

Texas...

So, take some advice from the Cowboys... Retractable Roof panels! Not with the whole big screen score board and all, but you could have a sliding roof top for the hottest times, and roll it back for the cooler months. :D:cool:

So, take some advice from the Cowboys... Retractable Roof panels! Not with the whole big screen score board and all, but you could have a sliding roof top for the hottest times, and roll it back for the cooler months. :D:cool:

HAHA, NO COWBOYS. We are in Houston so take it from the TEXANS. :cool:

Max, saw this one on http://www.screen-house.com/green_house_kits.htm It's cool but I think your challenge will still be unfiltered light.

aay6o.jpg
[/IMG]

My challenge with this one is coming up with 2 thousand smackers! Whoa!! :eek: It's very nice, but imma have to go a lil cheaper than that... :eek:

HAHA, NO COWBOYS. We are in Houston so take it from the TEXANS. :cool:

Houston proud, Houston loud! :)

Hey you live in Katy?!?! My step-uncle (lol) lives there!! His name is Jason Lang. Maybe you know him? Progressive agent is his occupation! haha

Yessir! Katy, Tx! Katy has probably grown since the last time you came waltzing through! I'm afraid I don't know your step-uncle... ;)

Yep. I didn't check pricing before posting but something of that nature may be built at a decent cost plus you could use screen instead of glass. I'll keep the motors turning on it. I'd like to see it one day when it's done! Haha

I was looking at this thread and thinking about it since I should be in the same boat 2-3 years from now. But I like what ForrestJungle drew up. If you that at 12ft long building you can put 4 enclosures on one side and 4 on the other that are 2'x2'x4' enclosures. Then have a storage cabinet for crickets, roaches and supplies. Have it as a walk in with doors on the inside (for enclosures) as well as doors on the outside.

I was looking at it and was thinking for easy access. When we get our place I was going to ask my husbands uncle can help me with construction. I want a window on top that can slide open with the push of a button. On the sides o want a sheeting that will open and close with a touch of a button. But will have sidings so nothing can go inside. I want a programmed unit yhat can control temp and humidity (domt know if that exists). This is probably going to be a $3-4k project but that's what i have in mind

they do have those kind of systems. If you look up geodesic greenhouse. The panels open up with heat pressure so that it doesn't get too hot inside. To make sure your cham doesn't escape you simply put screen and bam no lose cham. I have a geodesic dome that i will be using this summer to house my male veiled. The temps although do not get as high as they do in texas. The geodesic also calls for a pond inside that controls the humidity and hold heat so that during the night it is still warm, even when cold out side. Let me know what you think. Also like i said above screen is great, but corrugated plastic is the best. You can create a thing where certain panels can be removed and there is screen underneath so that there is screen on those hot hot days.

Back
Top Bottom