Advice pls

Chamamature

Found out that my cham has worms. :eek: Vet said it's hard to treat chameleons, has anyone had any experience with this? Is it that common amongst chams?

What kind of worms? Ring worms? Almost every wild caught animal from Africa I have ever seen has had Ring worms, from agamas to zorillas. get a hold of some Panacur, it is a decent dewormer.

Safeguard has the same active ingredient as panacur either one will work fine.

Once a day for three days then again in two weeks
Panacur is commonly dosed at 1cc/kg. So if your chameleon happens to weigh 100 grams then you would dose with 0.1cc of Panacur paste that has a 100mg/g (10%) strength right out of the tube. It is the same for 100 mg/g safeguard
You can put it right on a hornworm, makes it easy.

Willardi said..."Ring worms? Almost every wild caught animal from Africa I have ever seen has had Ring worms"...are you sure you don't mean roundworms?? Ring worm is something that mammals get on the skin due to a fungus.

Many of the parasites are not hard to treat in chameleons...but you need to know what parasite it is in order to know what anti-parasite medication will kill it. Coccidia is more difficult in some cases.

I took my cham to the vet last thursday, also had worms prescribed panacur one cc for five days after a positive on a fetal float test. Mr. Chameleon has a retest tommorrow. Maximus weighs 36 grams. She charged 13 dollars for the panacur premixed and ready to go.

Last edited:
Willardi said..."Ring worms? Almost every wild caught animal from Africa I have ever seen has had Ring worms"...are you sure you don't mean roundworms?? Ring worm is something that mammals get on the skin due to a fungus.

Many of the parasites are not hard to treat in chameleons...but you need to know what parasite it is in order to know what anti-parasite medication will kill it. Coccidia is more difficult in some cases.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I said what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom