Animal Hoarding?

Wow, I have a nice lil list that is still growing.
1.1 Ambilobe
1.3.6 Jacksons
1.4 Leopard Geckos
0.1 Veiled
0.0.1 Pacman
2.3 Bearded Dragon
0.0.1 Blood Python
1.1 Sand Boa
3000+ Dubai
14 African Soft Furred Rats
1.1 Cats
1.0 Mixed Shepard, Lab and Chow
0.1 Walker Hound
Oh and I have 8 frilled dragon eggs in my incubator. My cousins frillies bred and he didn't have an incubator so I am hatching them. So far so good 1 month down 2 to go.

And my boyfriend thinks i have to many pets, i need to show him some of the lists of animals people have on this thread.

I have

1 yemen chameleon
1 dog
1 hamster
1 kitten
1 horse
1 crested gecko
1 bearded dragon
1 chile rose

In the past i've also had, 1 rabbit, loads of snails, 3 guinea pigs, 4 hamsters and 3 ferrets plus the family dogs and cats.

I think I have some catching up to do. Compared to you guys I barely have any animals at all :p

1.1 Jackson's
0.2 beardies
2 spotted salamanders
2.0 fat cats
6 very large fish

WOW!!! Do to lack of space, I just have 1 veiled (Camo), and 4 Red Eye tree frogs...BUT when I lived with my partner, he had 3 chihuahuas, 2 cats, 1 umbrella cockatoo, 1 sugarglider, button quails, gouldian finches, hamsters, love birds, parakeets, and fishes. All in a one bedroom apartment...talk about a petting zoo!

Well here I go...
#32+ Chameleons,.. Oustalets (More hatching now) + 1 verrucosus.
#20 poison dart frogs,.. Azureus,Imitator,Leucomelas.
#5 Tortoises,...3 Radiateds, 2 Burmese stars.
#3 dogs,...2 Jack Russels, 1 Rottweiler.
Various cockroaches
#1 Two headed bearded dragon in a jar!!!(preserved!)
And thats why my wife tells me I have too much!!!!

My husband always called me an animal hoarder but he seems to have gotten totally addicted to chameleons ... we just brought home number six today. I brought home the first one less than three months ago.

4 veiled
2 flapneck
2 cats
2 cockatiels
1 tarantula
2 ferrets
3 gerbils

and more bugs and worms and flies than I would have ever imagined having ... all in a 960 sq. ft. apt.

Ha ha you guys have made me feel sooo much better! At the moment I have...
2 dogs
2 cockatiels
3 guinea pigs
1 rabbit
1 hermans tortoise
1 sulcata tortoise
1 red bellied slider
2 yellow bellied sliders
2 adult axolotls and several eggs
4 hamsters
1 chameleon
Giant African land snails

Wouldn't be so bad if my tenancy agreement didn't specify no pets!

On an unrelated note (ish) - what does it mean when you guys say you have 1.0 of this and 0.1 of that...?

I have,
1 veiled
1 Mellers
1 bearded dragon
2 crested geckos
1 geiko gecko
1 ambajna
2 empty cages ;)
26 fish inside
who knows how many shibunkin outside
1 wolf/sheperd mix
1 lab/mastiff mix
I would like to show this thread to my wife so she would think I am not that bad but then she would know I am still aquiring more when I told ABSOLUTLY no more. Thanks to Ryan for the last one I snuck in. I will be moving to a new wall soon so it will be much harder to sneek one in then. I need to get rid of a couch so I can start on the next wall.

Animal hoarding is not about the number of animals people own.

I know there is a show about this and I am afraid to watch and discover I have a problem!

ANIMAL HOARDING IS NOT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF ANIMALS PEOPLE OWN.

There is a difference between responsible animal care and people who are overwhelmed. Having many animals requires time, money, space and knowledge. People who irresponsibly keep large numbers of pets are harming both the animals and themselves, and they're harming the reputation of responsible pet owners. We consider anyone who tries to care for more animals than they have money, space and time for to be a potential animal hoarder who needs help.

For example, an exotic pet owner could keep 50 reptiles in their home without being considered a hoarder. However, if the owner is unable to provide the correct environments, veterinary care or meet the animals' dietary needs, then they have surpassed their capabilities and are no longer putting the needs of their animals first.

If you want more information about animal hoarding please visit our website:

www.animalhoardingproject.com

i dont believe any of on here are hoarders. As someone said, hoarders cant/dont take care of their animals. Im fairly certain we all do.
Besides, we INTENTIONALLY breed roaches, crickets, and worms. i mean, hoarders dont, so that HAS to mean we are sane people right? right?
Now for my list, which BTW, after reading everyone elses, esp ryans from jurassic, makes me feel soooo much better. esp when my sig other finds out what im about to do....
1.0 veiled, Kink
1.0 soon to be here turquiose hoehnelli (the what im about to do part)
1.0 ferret, Otter
1.0 siberian cat, Timber
.2 DSH cats, Sweet Pea and Tuxedo
1.0 8 month old english setter, Ammo
75 gallon freshwater tank containing gourami, shibunkin, bala sharks, other sharks, and silver dollar fish
.1 b**ch A** Red eared slider, Turtle (yes thats her name)
countless crickets, and various worms.

1 Veiled-Lambeau
1 Iguana-Ruben
1 German Short hair Pointer-Samoa
1 Great Dane-Hemi
1 Cat- Andi Bay Ol' J
1 Betta Fish- Ribbons

You have a gsp????!!!! I love them. I grew up with them, I put mine down last september, but I now foster them for the mid- atlantic gsp rescue.

Back
Top Bottom