Any CAR guys here?? Drag,Show,Auto-x,Drift, etc

Don't get me wrong I know there are fast hondas out there, I respect anything fast. But most Honda's running in the 9.xxx are usually trailered because they are unreliable. I work at a performance shop with a full machine shop and in house dyno, most mustangs and vettes we work on get built to run 9's drive them home and to work the next day.

Don't get me wrong I know there are fast hondas out there, I respect anything fast. But most Honda's running in the 9.xxx are usually trailered because they are unreliable. I work at a performance shop with a full machine shop and in house dyno, most mustangs and vettes we work on get built to run 9's drive them home and to work the next day.

This can be true for any car. But if you build it to be "reliable" then i don't see why it can't be driven.

Look at the pix. The red car is registered and insured (just have to take the parachute bracket off so it dosent block the license plate). That day he drove to the track and went 9.37@163mph and drove home. Stopped off at McDs to get a McRib. yumm

vvv This was not on a highway! Top of 4th gear @10,000rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOzWBCR6mcU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARXw7LUebU&feature=related

Attachments

• 950163mph.jpg
    950163mph.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 198
I know it takes hondas 800fwhp to run 9's and trap 160. I made close to 800rwhp on a 2 bar speed density tune :D I can smoke those 28" slicks on any of my 3 gears on the street.

Well it takes 800whp to go deep 9's . I went 9.89@147mph with a little over 650whp. Just ran a boost-by-gear program. Spinning ain't winning!!

Turbo ls1 FD would be sick :D, I was thinking about building a turbo 454 LSX notchback for my next project.

as for the wastegate dump tube it was cut off for a new downpipe and later I replaced the entire Wastegate with a larger one.

My Camaro is on pump E85 as well pushing up to 18psi :D and fully gutted interior/weight reduction.

Nice.. What turbo are you running and how much power did you make? Any passes with the car yet?

And i am soo scared of big hp short wheelbase RWD cars..They just can't keep the front wheels down! Sketchyyy!

Attachments

• Mustang_Flip.jpg
    Mustang_Flip.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 161
This can be true for any car. But if you build it to be "reliable" then i don't see why it can't be driven.

Look at the pix. The red car is registered and insured (just have to take the parachute bracket off so it dosent block the license plate). That day he drove to the track and went 9.37@163mph and drove home. Stopped off at McDs to get a McRib. yumm

vvv This was not on a highway! Top of 4th gear @10,000rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOzWBCR6mcU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARXw7LUebU&feature=related

Go on yellowbullet.com, There is a guy on there from Florida with a twin 88 LSX 454 trans am. Runs consistant 7.8's at 18x MPH, He drives it to the track and is also registered and insured :cool:

Nice. Lol@ ricer at heart!

Sell the Mazda 6 and toss a extended swing arm with a slick on the GSX-R and Turbo it.

I have a 09 CRB 600rr

Nice, I really love the newer CBRs. I like how the 600 handles to much to stretch it. If I had a drag bike it would defiantly be a must. I am thinking about a track bike though since they are building one in NOLA.

My car when done most likely will be in the low 13's to the mid 12's. I am not putting in a turbo. Not that I don't love turbo's but I wanted to try an all motor build something a little more dependable with semi agressive cams.

im actually using a crank from an h23 going in a h22 block will have a lil stroker motor.

the tranny came out of a gsr and will be probably mated with the qsd (quartersportdrags) h2b kit.

Funny fact 4cyl hondas fixed up used to get on my nerves. I was always into v8 muscle. I had a 2001 gt but that was when gas was cheap now I love my lil honda

Well it takes 800whp to go deep 9's . I went 9.89@147mph with a little over 650whp. Just ran a boost-by-gear program. Spinning ain't winning!!

Nice.. What turbo are you running and how much power did you make? Any passes with the car yet?

And i am soo scared of big hp short wheelbase RWD cars..They just can't keep the front wheels down! Sketchyyy!

Yeah but a nice burn out will make them nice and sticky.

I have not put it on the roller yet but I got a pte88 turbo waiting for it and some 160lb injectors. The tuner suggest I push it to 20psi... Should make over 1k rwhp :D

The old numbers are on a pt76gts turbo at 14.5 psi

Yes I have made a few test and tune passes at 10psi but was having boost creep issues ever since the new motor went it due to the wastegate not being big enough. Let me just say this my friends z06 ls7 vette makes just shy of 600rwhp with only heads and cam and he runs 10.2's all day, Mine makes 200rwhp more at 14 psi :D

look up David Wolfe he ran 6.5 @ 227 mph with 1.156 60ft & 4.403 @ 178.03 1/8 mile with a 315 DRAG RADIAL in his fox body mustang. He sure knows how to keep the front wheels down.

Here is the video of the 7 sec street car, I was mistaken he traps 179 MPH

He went 5.13 @ 142.6 in the 1/8th with his old setup :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3oJpcz409g&feature=player_embedded

look up David Wolfe he ran 6.5 @ 227 mph with 1.156 60ft & 4.403 @ 178.03 1/8 mile with a 315 DRAG RADIAL in his fox body mustang. He sure knows how to keep the front wheels down.

Thoes are very impressive cars. But what cubic inch? and how much you think it cost to build something like that realisticaly??

Very good point. How many hondas will take a ZR1 Corvette, realistically? ;)

Very good point. How many hondas will take a ZR1 Corvette, realistically? ;)

Stock for stock? Or price for price?.

Give me a bone stock Honda and I'll get it in the 9s with under $10k! That's 10% the cost of a ZR1 ;-). Can you imagine what I can do with $20k ?

Stock ZR1s run mid 10s from the factory and high 9s with slicks, a flash and more boost. But I wouldn't expect anything less for the price.

I'd believe it when I see it. By the time that honda is even close to running 9's, the only thing honda is the body.

Give me a bone stock Honda and I'll get it in the 9s with under $10k! That's 10% the cost of a ZR1 ;-). Can you imagine what I can do with $20k ?

Stock ZR1s run mid 10s from the factory and high 9s with slicks, a flash and more boost. But I wouldn't expect anything less for the price.

I'd believe it when I see it. By the time that honda is even close to running 9's, the only thing honda is the body.
Lol. I race in a class called "True Street" . We are limited to everything OEM and factory glass/ metal parts. We are also limited on fuel and tire size.
My TrueStreet car uses a Honda Integra motor 1.8L motor ( sleeved and bored to a impressive 2.0L lol). It weighs 2500lbs with me and a 10 point cage.
We are also limited to a 67mm turbo ( I run a Precision billet wheel 6265bb, a 62mm turbo just cause)
Stock transmission with a OEM Integra Type R LSD
Clutch Master twindisc
Everything power works , has every interior panel, seat, dash.
Aside from a few allowed aftermarket parts it's 100% HONDA!
It goes mid 9s @ over 150mph and I drive it everywhere!

The fastest car in the class just went 8.98@167mph this past weekend.

Honda guys always say this. Then they get their car on the track and blow the motor. BTW, a corvette ZR1 is cheap considering all the power. I have an 8,000lb Ford Truck w/ a 6.4 that eats Hondas for breakfast. :D

Honda guys always say this. Then they get their car on the track and blow the motor. BTW, a corvette ZR1 is cheap considering all the power. I have an 8,000lb Ford Truck w/ a 6.4 that eats Hondas for breakfast. :D

Oh yes, It is defiantly the most bang for the buck without a doubt. You just miss my point! You were comparing apples to oranges.

And you are racing the wrong Hondas ;-). I'll be PMing you some videos a little later. A little reality check of sorts. :-D

The fastest cam only ls1 record is 9.986 @ 132.27 on a 2900lbs 94 z28, that's a with a stock bottom end, heads and N/A.

The guy gutted the crap out of it and went with a stall 3 speed and 4.33 gears.

That's under 5 grand to go 9's N/A, Now imagine if he sprayed a 150 shot?

And the fastest heads and cam N/A car ran 9.083 @ 149.35 it is a 90 fox body mustang with a ls1 swap.

Back
Top Bottom