Chameleon eats Lizard

Are lizards any higher in protein than insects by weight, though? Does anybody actually know the nutritional values of a lizard?

Why not feed a fat hornworm. Would you eat a fish with bones or a whole chicken breast bones and all. Thats about the same as feeding a chameleon another lizard........but If you was willing to debone it for your cham them thats a different story. Why even go through the trouble.

i found this, i do not know how accurate it is though.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54508

point is, why on earth would you take the chance of feeding a lizard to your chameleon? high potential risk of parasites in the feeder = transffered parasites to the chameleons. i think we forget how tender chameleons are compared to other common captive reptiles like tegus and beardies, just to name two examples.

if i were a keeper who just desperately loves seeing other life mowed by another animal, then feed him a pinky or a fuzzy. and dont do it often at any means, once or twice a year if that. but please, no wild caught lizards, birds or mammals.

IF UR SERIOUS MR.
Cainschams
WHICH IM SURE U ARE I MIGHT SERIOUSLY CONSIDER DO N THIS... :D
I GUESS U COULD GUT LOAD EM' LIKE NE THING ELSE FRUITS, & VEGGIES??? MMMMMM LMAO

LOL!!!

Senior member really means nothing here but I do not want to change the subject:rolleyes:

Definitely gutload them with some goodies before feeding them off or frying them up.

I see no problems with feeding other reptiles to reptiles or even weaker offspring to parents. If you are worried about parasites get your animal frequent fecals or breed the animals yourself. Some people have a problem with doing this themselves and some of those people will call you morbid for it. Personally I see no problem with this. I would not feed any primarily insectivorous species a large amount.

Why not feed a fat hornworm. Would you eat a fish with bones or a whole chicken breast bones and all. Thats about the same as feeding a chameleon another lizard........but If you was willing to debone it for your cham them thats a different story. Why even go through the trouble.

what are you trying to achieve? what is wrong with just giving your chameleon its regular balanced diet its whole life?

NO POTENTIAL RISK OF PARASITES HERE!
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/feeder-crickets-worms-rodents-roaches-and-more/feeder-lizards/

i found this, i do not know how accurate it is though.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54508

point is, why on earth would you take the chance of feeding a lizard to your chameleon? high potential risk of parasites in the feeder = transffered parasites to the chameleons. i think we forget how tender chameleons are compared to other common captive reptiles like tegus and beardies, just to name two examples.

if i were a keeper who just desperately loves seeing other life mowed by another animal, then feed him a pinky or a fuzzy. and dont do it often at any means, once or twice a year if that. but please, no wild caught lizards, birds or mammals.

im not understanding you, and why emphesizing everything, dont get frusturated, i just dont understand or see where this states this a parasite free feeder? unless im blind, where the heck does it state that they are captive bred or anything along those lines?

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH Busted, i dont see it either LMAO:eek:

Back
Top Bottom