Chameleon names

my gf wanted to name ours Sheldon b/c she's in love with the guy from the big bang theory.. but that was before i got my veiled and found out it was female.. so we decided to change it to Amy since that's Sheldon's gf on the series :p

OMG! I named mine after the big bang theory characters. I've got Sheldon, Amy, Leonard and Penny!

Most of my pets have had 'proper' names. My first Chameleon was a female Veiled called Stuart (thought she was a boy :rolleyes:). I had a Tarantula called Steve once.......and a water dragon called Alan.
My current two Chams are called Rin Tin Tin (Rinty) and Jasmine. My monitor lizard is called Ashleigh. I never gave any of my lot a surname though, lol

I always like skittles for panthers. Rango is a new favorite of mine. Calypso just came to me when I first got my female; Calypso was the queen of the nymphs in the story of Odysseus. Any how, she seduced Odysseus for I believe seven years on the island of the nymphs. The name means to conceal or to hide. I figured a seductive little beauty that conceals was a pretty good analogy for my little girl. With a name like Chamaeleo calyptratus, it just seemed too perfect. The best part was I didn't find all these little factiods out until after I chose her name.

I named my first chameleon Sticky. He was a veiled. My current veiled is named Nasir after my favorite rap artist Nas. Nasir is a sort of middle eastern african name so I thought it was very fitting for my veiled. He just looks like Nasir lol. Other than that I think African American names are really great for chameleons. A few others that I considered were Terrell, LeDarrius, Dwayne, Hot Spitta, and Venusaur. :D

I had to see my chameleon and get a feel for him before I picked a name. Nasir took the cake! :p

I named my chameleon Steve Thomson and my girlfriend says that's a dumb name. What did you guys name your chameleons?

I think Steve T is a good name for a chameleon. Not that it really matters much to the chameleon. :) Hope your gf grows to like it.

I've had a Simon, Cedric, Gimlie, Lennie, Emmet, Peaches, Abbigail, Olivia, Achillies, ....

Steve Thomason is a great name.....

My chameleon names are stupid...Dexter and KatyPerry....KatyPerry is a boy, but he's a peacock and Katy Perry has a song about a peacock that I think is funny. I don't call either of them by their names. The peacock is "the green guy" or "the little one" or "the little green guy". The Fisher's is "the big guy" or "the brown guy" or the "the big brown guy".

My nosy be is TK-421, one of the stormtroopers in the original star wars movie.
The vet techs looked at me a bit funny when I took him in. ;)

Male veiled = Smeagol
Male Jacksons = Noogie
Male Ambilobe panther = Squee*
Male Nosy be' panther (expected this week from FL Chams-no name yet!)

* Squee is a Kammer's baby which I will receive this Wednesday, so I have
not met him yet, only seen pics ;)

my reptiles are/have been:
Jojo the snapping turtle, Max the Ball Python, Krash the Iguana, Big Mama the Skink, Inigo the veiled, Xylia the Veiled, Lulu the veiled, Zip the panther, Jewel the panther, Barnaby the veiled, Sarah the tree frog, Amber the Garter snake, Franklin the box turtle... those are the ones i remember of the top of my head
other animals have been
Dogs (Sheba, Angel, Beau, Princess, Prue, Patches, Little Bit)
Cats (Magic, Dutchess, Pumpkin, Jodi, Mystic, Sapphire, Cyborg)
Birds mostly cockateils (Frankie, Chicken, Shadow, PrettyBoy, Snow, Fawkes, Togo, Skye)
Mice/Rats (Lily, Coal, Cream, Lotus, Summer, Sugar, Peaches, Cookie, Zoe, Pepper, Splash, Autumn, Belle, Carmen, Buddha)

I like to name my chameleons after goddesses and gods. Also things that usually involve authority. I named my first Male Jackson King. My girls names are Luna, Athena.

Back
Top Bottom