Chameleon webcams

harri

Hi

Just wondering does anyone have a webcam in there enclousure so we could see your chams

Ive actually thought of doing this but the pc is in a different Room, Im not sure exactly how to do it. I wanted to be able to play back after when Im not here for better observation.
I probably have all the gear including webcam but might need a really long extention cord, dont know how since its usb.
wouldnt live streaming really eat up your bandwidth? I mean uploadng it to your harddrive?

Nice idea ! In another forum there was sb who has a webcam in his geckotank installed. It was very interesting, but I don't know if this still works

Yes i think you would need wireless if you had a cable webcam it would have to be a really long cable:)Id like to do it but i dont think i have enough memory on my pc

From the technological point of view it shouldn't be any problems. Webcams are cheap, usb-cabels are cheap...
Even wireless cameras which are normally used to supervise stores aren't expensive

I've seen people use small weatherproof CCTV cameras in their enclosure to do this. They're great as you can get them seriously wet and they're fine. Think the kit you need to get them onto a computer is pretty expensive though!

psh. no webcam for me. Feedback would consist of:

Fred sunning himself on the side of the cage.
Fred moving to a branch and sitting there for like three hours.
Fred moving to the front of the cage, sitting there for another two hours.
Fred licking leaves.
Fred hanging upside down from the branch he's perched on...

Gets kinda boring. :p

LOL, I wanna see what he gets up to when he goes on his little expeditions to the cage floor and fossicks around among the plants. Could be fun!

Although it probably could be beneficial when our cams get sick. We could witness their activity leading up to their illnes??

It would hardly be thrilling, but you could place it so you can see the places they go to to hide to see what they actually get up to! :p

Would love to do this and have all the kit but just never set things up - anyone know any free hosting sites that i could stream the feed on?

I bought a color wireless security cam with Infrared for about $60, and from the wireless receiver I go into my Hava monsoon box's composite input (Its like a slingbox, but less expensive and better video quality and multiple inputs). I can watch it with software installed, and I can time shift the video an hour

I really wanted/want a pan/tilt/zoom webcam, but those suckers are expensive, and its not in the cards right now with Health insurance going through the roof and draining my paycheck.

It would be interesting for my pygmies - you don't see them move, but they're in a different place every time you look.

I'm such a %£$"£%^ i already have a ustream and Justin account as watch all ice hockey games on there as i'm in the UK!!! oops!!

I'll get this setup ready for his new tank that im close to finishing :D

might get a test setup before hand in his current "holding" tank...

Back
Top Bottom