Encloser Questions

Thats awsome info Carlton. If not pressure treated, then i guess non pressure treated would be the best. But the non pressure treated will warp in the humidity of tank so what would be the best course of action? :confused:
as i said before, i have a very rough sketch of what i want to make that i made on paint. i have a whole page of stuff that ive been working out (measurements, ideas, and such) and this is the idea ive come up with.

View attachment 38364

A hardwood or cypress wood frame will be more resistant to moisture but either way you should seal the wood with some sort of non-toxic sealer (some ideas were given earlier I think). This is the basic problem using wood in the first place...it warps over time. You should also plan on re-sealing the wood occasionally.

A hardwood or cypress wood frame will be more resistant to moisture but either way you should seal the wood with some sort of non-toxic sealer (some ideas were given earlier I think). This is the basic problem using wood in the first place...it warps over time. You should also plan on re-sealing the wood occasionally.
ok so i really dont want to use a hard wood, because hardwood is freakin expensive. Do i guess my next question would have to be if MINWAX polyurethane is a good clear coat to use. i mean if i put it on the no pressure treated wood and let it dry completely, would it then be ok for MO to live in?

ok so i really dont want to use a hard wood, because hardwood is freakin expensive. Do i guess my next question would have to be if MINWAX polyurethane is a good clear coat to use. i mean if i put it on the no pressure treated wood and let it dry completely, would it then be ok for MO to live in?

I'd suggest looking for a high quality outdoor polyurethane sealer. It will dry to be non-toxic but may have more protective ingredients than the Minwax that I think is for indoor use. Just check around. If you don't have anything else available the Minwax would be OK, just might not last as long under constant wet.

Back
Top Bottom