FOUND! veiled cham in east san diego!

I hope you and your family can keep the Chameleon. You seem like such a good owner. . . Better than a lot of people! Maybe things like this happen for a reason!

I lost Krash 10/02/11, someone found him after 8 days!. I would only hope that someone like you would find Krash. You have done a great service to him. Although I have noticed Krash is a bit moapy since he is back in his cage!, I think the big outdoors was cool to him :p

sweet find! if the bulb in that cage is red you should consider changing it out for a "white" one.

I actually have both but I was told the red could stay on all night when its cold out because the Cham cant see the red and it will keep him warm. If this is false please let me know so I can change it.

I actually have both but I was told the red could stay on all night when its cold out because the Cham cant see the red and it will keep him warm. If this is false please let me know so I can change it.

I dont know wether that is true or not about color and what chams see, but he doesnt need a night bulb especially in Cali. So you should be good with standard basking house bulb probably 60 watt and a 5.0 UVB of some sort.

I dont know wether that is true or not about color and what chams see, but he doesnt need a night bulb especially in Cali. So you should be good with standard basking house bulb probably 60 watt and a 5.0 UVB of some sort.

yes, ditch the night light..and yes they still see it..

p.s. im in sandiego, my chams have no heat at night, and i leave my window open..

Cool, will do.

I just found somthing interesting on the web. It was a post on a different forum back in 2006 about a possible colony of veileds in the Jamul area...
Maybe I found it.

Cool, will do.

I just found somthing interesting on the web. It was a post on a different forum back in 2006 about a possible colony of veileds in the Jamul area...
Maybe I found it.

Hmmm, interesting. You may want to do a search. :)

As for the supplements, there is a product called Repashy Calcium Plus which is all in one and meant to be used every day.

Wow! Just got back from the area where I found the Cham and talked to another neighbor who confirmed the wild chams. She is a retired science teacher and a biologist who has seen the chams over the years. She said that two people withen a 1/4 mile used to raise Veileds and sell them to pet shops. Ironiclly both colonys escaped around the same time and have been wild ever since. She said that the colonies have been out in the wild for AT LEAST 10 YEARS! She herself has caught one and another neighbor has caught 2 in the past. She said that she hasnt seen any in a few years but she was still shocked to hear that they are still around even through the freezing winters they get. The Summer time there gets to be in the 100s at times but the winters get to the low 30s at times also. Pretty amazing that I could have a 4th or 5th generation Veiled that has been in the wild!

Back
Top Bottom