Help help help

post a picture of the back of the chameleon normally a male will have a bump on the base of his tail on the underside and also the males will normally have spurs on the back of there back feet

post a picture of the back of the chameleon normally a male will have a bump on the base of his tail on the underside and also the males will normally have spurs on the back of there back feet

I don't think Senegal chaneleons have spurs do they? The males will have the hemipinal bulge at the base of the tail

Not all lay eggs, some bear live, but that's sort of a trick because they just keep the eggs inside...so, they can also drop infertile "slugs"....We've seen females as young as 5 months produce eggs.

You might want to read Kinyongia's blog post on keeping female veileds: http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

Yes, you do not have a veiled, but it's possible that this theory will help you in dealing with your girl. The basic idea is that they get into reproductive mode when the situation is positive for a good birth, so if you keep the situation a bit shy of perfect, your girl might not produce eggs at all or, at least, might produce less.

is it a male or female?
chams3.jpg

Errrr I'm guessing Female bc there doesn't seem to be much of a bulge. However, the picture quality is not that great and I could be wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom