help male acting strange only wants to climb down

You want to get a light that specifies 5.0 or 10.0. Most people here prefer 5.0. I assumed you were using the 13 watt zoo med.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 102
I wont even mention the fact that his face does look it as well. He does look dehydrated. Which comes along with it.

WOW. Its the fact that he is covering his FACE!!!

First off, you dont know that he was covering it,

Second, chams dont cover their faces, they might grab themselves when developing MBD.

It could just be the cham was moving the arm when the pic was taken.

Also, chams will rub their eyes sometimes when shedding.

I wont even mention the fact that his face does look it as well. He does look dehydrated. Which comes along with it.

No it doesnt.
His casque is straight, his jaw is straight, his lips arent open. all of which wouldnt be right if the face had any signs of mbd.

and dehydration is not necessarily a sign of MBD.

chams develop dehydration when they have MBd because it is painful for them to move.

No it doesnt.
His casque is straight, his jaw is straight, his lips arent open. all of which wouldnt be right if the face had any signs of mbd.

and dehydration is not necessarily a sign of MBD.

chams develop dehydration when they have MBd because it is painful for them to move.

Eyes are sunk. Your cray, have at it cinamom!!!

i already know he doesn't look healthy this why im on this site..... im am doing everything in my power to help him as soon as my fiancé gets home i will be making a trip to the pets store.. he is not dehydrated because he drinks all the time and still has been...but what can i do to keep him safe from falling and slipping in the mean time

I also agree that it's MBD. Does he ever get confused and grab his own body when he's trying to climb? Is that what's going on in the first pic?

I would recommend going with a fluorescent tube (T8) of UVB rather than a coiled bulb. If you have the means to do so, go with T5HOs. Tood Goode of lightyourreptiles.com is very knowledgeable and could set you up with an ideal fixture for your situation.

MBD, just like MS in humans, is progressive and degenerative. You can stop it from getting worse, but you can't reverse the damage that's already been done.

You should be giving them plain Ca at every feeding. Multi-vites twice a week. D3 twice a month.

The lack of Ca and UVB causes MBD.

I would place him on a wider platform that's horizontal - something that he doesn't have to climb to get to and work on to stay balanced on because MBD will affect their balance, coordination, and strength. He's likely making his way to the ground because he's no longer able to hold on and balance himself onto the skinny vine/branch.

To the OP:

Your cham has MBd. its not the worst this forum has seen.

He needs better supplementing,better uvb lighting, and more water.

You should invest in an auto mister, such as mist king or aquazamp.

if you get this all under control now, you can prevent the further development of the disease.

he has flat platforms to lay on and i put him on them and he doesn't want to stay on them.....
thank you all for helping me and i will correct all the problems and hopefully pascal will be good as new in no time

he has flat platforms to lay on and i put him on them and he doesn't want to stay on them.....
thank you all for helping me and i will correct all the problems and hopefully pascal will be good as new in no time

you may want to find a vet if the changes do not seem to help.

keep in mind, its not an immediate thing.

it will take time, and constant dedication.

I suggest also looking into getting some silkworms, hornworms, and dubia roaches, which can help with food, and its good nutritionally

also roaches are super easy to gutload with good foods

what do you feed your bugs btw?

i feed my bugs a bunch of different things lettuce apples grapes carrots and i also feed the crickets with the flunkers orange cube complete cricket diet

i feed my bugs a bunch of different things lettuce apples grapes carrots and i also feed the crickets with the flunkers orange cube complete cricket diet

stop using the orange cubes, they are crap.

lettuce has no nutritional value really

you can also use- butternut squash, collard greens, mustard greens, dandilion leaves, sunflower seeds, oranges, and so much more.

read some blogs from sandrachameleon, and she has so many ingredients its crazy.
you dont have to use every little thing she does, but if you use several of the food items, and switch up what you use every week or so, you have much healthier bugs, which leads to healthier chams.

thank you all soo much there will deffinatlly be a change in a lot of things :) leaving for the store as we speak any last things is should add to the list ?

Back
Top Bottom