Hi new here

That's hilarious!! Fun arguing ha ha ha no don't think so at all. R u even an adult ? As that is very childish . Ignore me ? Ignore what I'm not even posting on here I think the site is an absolute joke ha ha . There is 2 ppl on here who are normal that's it. Get a life
You know, I don't get why you even registered here in the first place...:cautious:

You think you know everything better, you are not open to suggestions, every post you make has a certain tone and you think the forum is a joke anyways (while it's the best source of chameleon-information you'll find in this world).

I know for sure Maia is more an adult in every way than you and your disturbed attitude will ever be. It's you that needs a life because most of us here are perfectly happy with ours and our (love for) chameleons...

I have only ever posted replies to ppl and two posts on page . Maybe u should read them it's me getting the abuse from ppl hense why I got an apology email from Matt this morning !

Although i've never seen them eat locusts before Panthers can eat a small variety of plants. I usually use a fruit peeler and feed them carrots. Although sometimes they wont eat it.

They definitely do although they may not like it. Just have to experiment around or resort to tricking them. I hang little carrot shavings on branches and pretend its some new kind of worm.
Panthers are insectivores, but may ate anything, including dirt. Vegetables are not well digested and offer limited nutrition, and some offer little calcium. That's why it is best to feed your cham properly gutloaded insects, that can digest/process the veggies better and offer more nutrition and can be dusted with calcium and/or vitamins. To replace precious and limited amounts of ingested food with less optimal nutrition is not as wise for the health of your panther cham.

Panthers are insectivores, but may ate anything, including dirt. Vegetables are not well digested and offer limited nutrition, and some offer little calcium. That's why it is best to feed your cham properly gutloaded insects, that can digest/process the veggies better and offer more nutrition and can be dusted with calcium and/or vitamins. To replace precious and limited amounts of ingested food with less optimal nutrition is not as wise for the health of your panther cham.
I give my cham veggies only because he sometimes refuses the crickets mealworms and other insects I offer him. I make sure to dust it in calcium dust and also feed him a variety of easily digestable veggies. He now enjoys the veggies and takes them when I give them. If he has and digestive problems then I take him off veggies for a week or until he is ok. Please keep in mind I only feed them veggies when they refuse insects.

I give my cham veggies only because he sometimes refuses the crickets mealworms and other insects I offer him. I make sure to dust it in calcium dust and also feed him a variety of easily digestable veggies. He now enjoys the veggies and takes them when I give them. If he has and digestive problems then I take him off veggies for a week or until he is ok. Please keep in mind I only feed them veggies when they refuse insects.
I understand. That is why I chose my words to discuss that gutloaded feeder insects are a considerable better choice for nutrition than veggies. This may be more important for juvenile panthers that are growing because better nutrition means better health and growth. BTW, do you have a panther?

I understand. That is why I chose my words to discuss that gutloaded feeder insects are a considerable better choice for nutrition than veggies. This may be more important for juvenile panthers that are growing because better nutrition means better health and growth. BTW, do you have a panther?
This is a thread on Panthers so yes I own a panther. Also he sometimes refuses guy load insects and prefers me hand feeding him. He hates my phone though :D won't eat with it in the room... but plants are a last resort for me.

This is a thread on Panthers so yes I own a panther. Also he sometimes refuses guy load insects and prefers me hand feeding him. He hates my phone though :D won't eat with it in the room... but plants are a last resort for me.
A debate that we cannot answer is the question of whether it is better to feed them less nutritional food when they refuse to eat, or allow them to build up an appetite to engorge on more nutritional food. I'd bet that no one knows for sure.
I just switched my panther to a bigger cage yesterday and await for him to eat. I know it takes time to get used to the new habitat, but I lack patience. Plus, I'm running out of crickets earlier than expected to try Dubia roaches. I kinda think it would not be wise to make these two switches at once, so will reluctantly go buy more crickets at Petsmart [I normally buy them on line from more reputable dealers, but it's a bit too cold for successful shipping]. Nurse Maia told me just leave him his food leave him alone and wait it out for a while. She's been a great source for info.

A debate that we cannot answer is the question of whether it is better to feed them less nutritional food when they refuse to eat, or allow them to build up an appetite to engorge on more nutritional food. I'd bet that no one knows for sure.
I just switched my panther to a bigger cage yesterday and await for him to eat. I know it takes time to get used to the new habitat, but I lack patience. Plus, I'm running out of crickets earlier than expected to try Dubia roaches. I kinda think it would not be wise to make these two switches at once, so will reluctantly go buy more crickets at Petsmart [I normally buy them on line from more reputable dealers, but it's a bit too cold for successful shipping]. Nurse Maia told me just leave him his food leave him alone and wait it out for a while. She's been a great source for info.
I know from experience that he will not eat right away but my panther sometimes just will not take insects. I've tried horn worms roaches silk worms gut load insects crickets fruit flies super worms meal worms and stink bugs. If you have another suggestion then feel free to tell me and I will try that but I like to make sure he eats.

Many have posted similar experiences. I have noticed that they usually eat whenever they feel like it, or they have sick cham. Obviously yours is not sick. Mine has been a hungry guy since the start. He eats less now that he's an adult, so somedays he eats very little, or not at all, but a day or day later, eats quite a bit. I just make sure that there is plenty of food when he's ready. But obviously, observe his behavior and feces...and usually get nervous, lol.

Many have posted similar experiences. I have noticed that they usually eat whenever they feel like it, or they have sick cham. Obviously yours is not sick. Mine has been a hungry guy since the start. He eats less now that he's an adult, so somedays he eats very little, or not at all, but a day or day later, eats quite a bit. I just make sure that there is plenty of food when he's ready. But obviously, observe his behavior and feces...and usually get nervous, lol.
His feces are brown and white and he also poops regularly. I clean his poop after I notice it because he likes a clean cage and he seems comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom