Hi new here

I mist 30 secs 5 times a day and do a warm bath once a week
I was stupid not to buy a misting machine untilI owned him for 3 or 4 months. It made my life much easier and his urates whiter. JannB posted in her blog that in such cases, the chams need to become aware that it is a source of water, and the blog suggested to mist for longer periods of time when it is new, so I turned it on for 12 minutes 3 times in the daylight. I just never turned it down yet, but will soon. It also took me over a month to create the new habitat in the bigger cage, partly because I like to do stuff in between sets while lifting. I built a bamboo scaffold inside the cage to hold the real branches and vines, instead of securing them to the screen. I had to drill tiny holes to secure the rods together with plastic covered wire and fishing line. It took around 4 hours in total. Then I added all the stuff inside, but rearranged a few times.

I was stupid not to buy a misting machine untilI owned him for 3 or 4 months. It made my life much easier and his urates whiter. JannB posted in her blog that in such cases, the chams need to become aware that it is a source of water, and the blog suggested to mist for longer periods of time when it is new, so I turned it on for 12 minutes 3 times in the daylight. I just never turned it down yet, but will soon. It also took me over a month to create the new habitat in the bigger cage, partly because I like to do stuff in between sets while lifting. I built a bamboo scaffold inside the cage to hold the real branches and vines, instead of securing them to the screen. I had to drill tiny holes to secure the rods together with plastic covered wire and fishing line. It took around 4 hours in total. Then I added all the stuff inside, but rearranged a few times.
I just have way to much time on my hands

I give my cham veggies only because he sometimes refuses the crickets mealworms and other insects I offer him. I make sure to dust it in calcium dust and also feed him a variety of easily digestable veggies. He now enjoys the veggies and takes them when I give them. If he has and digestive problems then I take him off veggies for a week or until he is ok. Please keep in mind I only feed them veggies when they refuse insects.
I'm sorry, but these two quotes are contradictory. In the firat, you say he doesn't always take them. And in the second one, you say he enjoys them. So which is it? And the beta carotene in the carrots can actually be harmful to chams. They should not be eating carrots, at all.

I know from experience that he will not eat right away but my panther sometimes just will not take insects. I've tried horn worms roaches silk worms gut load insects crickets fruit flies super worms meal worms and stink bugs. If you have another suggestion then feel free to tell me and I will try that but I like to make sure he eats.
Stink bugs are poisonous.

I'm sorry, but these two quotes are contradictory. In the firat, you say he doesn't always take them. And in the second one, you say he enjoys them. So which is it? And the beta carotene in the carrots can actually be harmful to chams. They should not be eating carrots, at all.
I've been feeding him carrots forever and he does enjoy them when he figures out what they are.

Back
Top Bottom