I hate ups

Lamp, I'm pretty sure Cody meant that she was up pacing just because she was excited. Not because she was expecting the package at that time of the morning.

Agreed. I know when I was getting my first dart frogs in, I couldn't sleep and I was a nervous wreck until they were delivered so I got exactly what Cody meant.
Candy

Very well stated, Tyler.

This is why I try to stick to selling locally and avoid shipping. I get nervous whether I'm the shipper or the receiver!

Glad he arrived safely. Looks like he arrived before the 10:30.
When I am getting my shipments, I am waiting all morning for it and it seems as though time is standing still.
PM me and let me know how he is doing.
Lance

He actually didnt arrive until 11. thats waht ameks em so mad!!! I called them to find out what was going on and the guy was like it says it has been left on your porch. I was like NO ITS NOT ON MY PORCH. Im sitting on it smoking as we speak. So the guy is like uh........He is trying to call the delivery person on the phone and the guy pulls up jerking the box around like there was nothing in it. I was like hey there is a live animal in there buster and Why did it say that you had placed it on my porch if you are handing it to me.? He just changed the subject to how there was construction up the street.........hmmmmm.....I asked if I needed to sign and he said no. So Im thinking he put it as placed on porch that way it seemed it was there on time. Becasue I looked at my clock when I walked in the door and it said 11:03!! :D

Anywhos who cares he is here and great!! haha I wish I could have stayed and watched him roam his new cage.....:eek:

I'm sure the driver was covering his butt and said he delivered it on time.
I'm glad the little guy is doing well.
I wish there was reptile shipping delivery truck, that all they did was deliver reptiles. The trucks would be kept at the correct temperatures and the drivers are educated on thw ways to properly care for a reprile in a box.
If this doesn't work, maybe we can ship a driver of these delivery trucks and they will get first hand experience how it feels to be in a hot box and to be be shaken around. :)

Good to hear:) Idiots. FedEx is really bad. They destroyed several important water pipes my mom's old company was shipping. They ran them over with a truck. I know it isn't live animals, but if they treat inanimate objects like dirt, they probably dont treat live animals much better.

I'm sure the driver was covering his butt and said he delivered it on time.
I'm glad the little guy is doing well.
I wish there was reptile shipping delivery truck, that all they did was deliver reptiles. The trucks would be kept at the correct temperatures and the drivers are educated on thw ways to properly care for a reprile in a box.
If this doesn't work, maybe we can ship a driver of these delivery trucks and they will get first hand experience how it feels to be in a hot box and to be be shaken around. :)

HAHA yes it would be great!!:rolleyes: we can dream right!!!

OMG - that's freakin' hilarious!! I'd love to see that! :D

Glad it is there safe and sound!

Congrats codi!! Ive never had a prob with UPS, just Fedex.. they dropped off live saltwater fish in the middle of an ice storm and didnt bother to ring the bell..so we had NO clue they were out there.. half died. UPS is cool around here..they know me because of my dogs and are scared of them..so they make sure they get me my stuff!

I have paced before too.. Leo came when it was freezing out and I was paranoid I wouldnt know when he arrived so I paced at the door and waited.. I know how it feels. Hope you enjoy the little guy. Post pics when he gets settled in!

Glad he made it okay. I too was waiting outside for Gizmo when he arrived. I actually saw the UPS guy take the box out of his truck and seeing that it was UPSIDE DOWN, flipped it in the air, and caught it right side up. I was pissed! Then when I opened it, I saw that my fruit fly container had cracked open, I had fly food goo AND thousands of flies all over the inside.

I'm sure that if the breeder hadn't done such a good job packing that it could have been much worse.

By the way, I sent you a pm.

Last edited:
UPS or Fedex never knock on the door they just leave the box and drive off. I am accustomed to listening for the truck. The one time I complained about a package not being on time for the 10:30 AM arrival when the guy finally came he threw the box down and walked away. I called right back and reported that as well. If anything had of happened to my frogs I would have been p.o...Turns out I went to high school with the a hole. An he still doesn't knock.LOL

HAHA yes it would be great!!:rolleyes: we can dream right!!!

I wonder if this is actually a viable idea. Not just reptiles...but fish birds bugs etc. a shipping service specializing in live animals.

The closest you can get to this now is airport to airport...which is too expensive.

I think of everyone I've dealt with Fedex and USPS have been the better ones. UPS I've had issues.

I'm a little biased.. my father works for UPS and has for over 30 years, some of the drivers just don't care. They don't knock or ring a doorbell anymore unless it is required to do so to get a signature, and that is usually dependant on the shipper to designate the package as "signature required" for delivery. It takes a lot of time to knock on every persons door, time most drivers really don't have, they try and avoid getting
overtime(per company demands), so you only have so much time to deliver "X" number of packages. Fed-Ex is setup a little differently with their home delivery drivers. They're contracted to Fed-Ex personally and are paid per package based on the miles they drive to deliver said package, they can take all the time they want, but the faster they deliver, the less time they have to be working and still get paid the same amount.

Most packages are just a drop and go. I don't have a problem with either Fed-Ex or UPS here. I wash the trucks for Fed-Ex, and know the home delivery drivers, especially the one that delivers to my area. I have been lucky enough to be at the hub washing their trucks and get a package, have it scanned into the truck, then scanned out and handed to me while I was there. No issues with UPS likely because my dad does work there.... He has just grabbed them at the hub and brought them to me before too.

It may also have been scanned into the truck("out for delivery") at 6:45, but the truck won't usually leave the hub until 7:30-8:00. Overnight deliveries are on a different truck than standard deliveries. So it is near impossible for an overnight driver to be at everyone's place before 10:30, depending on how far you are from the hub, they are almost always there before noon though.

DHL is non-existent in the U.S. now also.

I know it sucks to have a package lost in shipping, but they are literally dealing with millions of packages from around the world daily. It's just horrible when it's your package though.

As far as USPS.... I have no idea on how they operate for packages, and I absolutely HATE thier package tracking system, if you can even call it that.....

There's not enough of a market for a live animal delivery company... Logistically, it would take hundreds of trucks in hundreds of cities, not to mention deals with all the airlines (unless you were buying airplanes, like UPS and FedEx do). Thousands of employees.... All the while trying to keep prices halfway decent so that people use it. Plus, there's no way of knowing that you're getting a live animal to begin with. Someone could claim DOA, and if you were intending to guarantee that, you would have to check the health (and to make sure it was even alive to begin with) prior to taking every package. Plus, by opening the package, it makes you responsible, unless you do it with each shipper, which just adds to the time and logistics of it. The network it takes to make a shipping company amazes me. Imagine setting up a company that can take a package from essentially every major city in the US, getting it to almost any other city in an 18 hour period. Still amazes me. And that's just within the US.

I don't think the current shipping methods are all that bad. Yeah, there are bad drivers that don't ask for a signature, but if they're packed properly, it doesn't matter if something is dropped or upside down for a while... I have shipped well over 1,000 boxes of live animals, many of them leaving in the 110-120 degree heat in Las Vegas during the summer months, and to this day I think I've had less than 10 DOA shipments in all of that. Almost all of them I attribute to the heat of Las Vegas (probably half of the DOA's I have had were stuck in Vegas in the summer months the night I shipped them off, and I knew they'd be DOA before they were delivered). It could be much worse.

Depending on who the local operator is at the area will really depend on whos better. Fedex in this area is the best service around, and i have yet to get a package after the estimated time. They always back their service, and if it doesnt get there you get refunded. When living in FL i got refunded 3 times, but here in KY no issues ever out of them, but on the other hand USPS is crap they will not deliver things to the house, and call me saying it was to big to deliver a package smaller than my mail box =/ UPS is decent, but every time i get something from them the box is torn up somehow

I'm glad your cham was ok, but kind of sucks you had to call in late for work. I'm actually shocked at the behavior of some these delivery guys. For me personally, I have never had a problem with UPS, Fed-Ex or USPS (well not on their part, the only problems I had was on my part). In college, I've had like 12 snakes delivered to my dorm room and apartment. Every single time they always came on time and they were always getle with the boxes. I usualy wait on the street for them because I don't want the main office of the apartment or dorm to handle the package first. They've always handled the package with care and most of them even ask me what type of animal is in the box. Even now, I still wait for them on the street and they're still very professional but they don't ask what animal it is now. I kind of miss the look in their faces when I tell them their common name (you only have to put the scientific name on the box). I remember telling one of the delivery guys it was a blood python and it's called that because they tend to bite and draw blood from their keepers. He actually believed that... and it turned out to be true with that particular snake.

Every time I get an overnight delivery it comes between 10:30 and 10:40. I guess I'm the last stop:mad: Makes sense though because I live in an out of the way canyon. I wouln't start to worry till 10:40 in a case with pretty normal temps;).

Don't mean to sound like a dick... but it sounds like UPS did a pretty good job.... Try and imagine the number of packages shipped through UPS.... My company uses UPS. We ship 5000+ orders via UPS..... that is orders..... not packages..... We fill six 53' semi trailers a day. So when I think about how much we ship including the huge amounts of packages they get from other companies and just normal pickups from people.... it really adds up.

Just be glad he made it alive. He was most likely asleep the entire time and woke up with a small head ache.

And no, I don't work for UPS and never have. I just know they have a lot on their plate.

My gripe with UPS is that our guy throws things up onto our second floor balcony if I don't leave a note saying to just leave it at the door. He threw my 48" reptisuns onto the patio.... glad they weren't broken. :rolleyes:

You know I do NOT understand why everyone has to take EVERYTHING out of proportion on this forum??? :mad:

Seriously The original post Stated I was anxious becasue i HAD BEEN UP ALL MORNING WAITING....... And now it has turned into me some how saying that UPS is the freaking devil.

I never said that what so ever. I do think It is BULLSHIT that the guy handeled my package like complete crap and on top of that Lied and stated that he had delivered the package nearly 30 minutes before it actually got there.

Yes it is amazing that they can deliver so much stuff from so far away in a small amount of time. BUT if it is so HARD for them to keep the damn 10:30 promise then why do they gaurantee it. My guy wasnt that late BUT he did falsly say he had delivered the package when in fact he did not and I do not think that is acceptable.

And by the way if HALF of the people that repsonded to this thread to complain or inform me how wrong I was would take the time to repsond to the people on here that actually need help that WOULD be great. I can count at least 4 times that I posted a thread where I had a question and Maybe 3 people repsonded. Why is it that I post a damn thread about UPS and everyone and there mom has something to say??? :rolleyes: JUST A THOUGHT:D

I shipped an eel overnight this past Monday. They still have not delivered it. It has been their error so I should get the shipping refunded but the eel has to be dead so I'm out the cost of the eel($175). It made it to the correct facility was supposedly out for delivery. They could not find the address so they sent it back. The buyer contacted them confirmong they had the correct address so they routed it back to the buyer. It will probably sit over the holiday weekend and may be delivered by Tuesday. That will be a dead eel in a bag for over 8 days. If it comes back to me I'm opening the box at the UPS Store!!!

Back
Top Bottom