I hate ups

So you dont 'Tip' deleivery folk in America? only waiters?
Maybe some dont care, but some take pride in their job and appreciate you acknowledging that.

A case of beer for the garbage guys at xmas, something for the grocery guy and a freindly thankyou each time goes a long way. :)

This has excellence written all over it. Great reminder to be gracious!

Over the years I've learned that a cold coke and a small snack goes a long way! Take care of your driver and they normally take care of you.

I was just imagining leaving a coke in a tub of ice and a bag of chips with a little note saying 'help yourself UPS man".... and the guy getting there to find someone drank the coke and ate the chips and left the trash as if it hadn't been disturbed.... and the look at the UPS driver's face :D

MAN I"D BE PISSED! :mad:

Good idea though... I might try it... I'm just not happy with my guy for throwing my stuff up to my second floor balcony.... All I can say is... at least he left it and didn't make me drive to the UPS hub or make me wait another day for him to bring it back.

Maybe his wife just left him, his son announced his descision to have a sex change and his neighbour ran over his dog just that morning? :)

Why not leave a note for the next guy Kev,
explain that your package/s contain easily damagable products (I'd omit to mention if its roaches though :D) and could he please leave it/them in a more convenient location etc
etc...Thanks for your help, much appreciated...bla bla.

Perhaps provide a suitable place/container for the purpous when you expect a deleivery.
The guy is probly flat chat trying to make his living, usually a contract job meaning he isnt highly paid. Show him you understand that, and that you dont think of him as a 'lowly servile' at your disposal and you'll probly find he is unexpectedly surprised enough to care about you in return.

Its a bit like folk who work at mcdonalds and the like, if you give them a hard time and make an enemy instead of freind, they might spit in your food! :D

Better to have UPS guy/s who happen to be freind/s, than strangers who dont care.
more so if you get regular delieverys.
:)

I was just imagining leaving a coke in a tub of ice and a bag of chips with a little note saying 'help yourself UPS man".... and the guy getting there to find someone drank the coke and ate the chips and left the trash as if it hadn't been disturbed.... and the look at the UPS driver's face

Buahahaha! That would be classic.

Dude that guy so needs to be fired for tossing your package like that.

Jo, UPS/ FED EX/ USPS, all of their drivers make really good money. They are not contractors. They are hired on by that shipping company. I know there is like a 10 yr waiting list to be a UPS driver (or something ridiculous like that), the money is that good. Last time I checked I think, again "think" it was over 20 bucks an hr.

Is that good money in the states? Broader economy I suppose.
Anyway, yes, some folks need a** kicking for sure, but still, a friend is less likely to throw your package.
Ofcourse this dosent help if you dont get a regular driver per area, but you can become known
to drivers, since I assume drivers on the same shift for the same company know each each other.
Rather have a note with your name on it as a 'treat well' customer, than one with,
'Beware, customer is an a**hole' in big bold letters , on the wall at the depot!
:D

Besides if you get him fired, he may be replaced with the UPS guy from hell! :D

n3u81s.jpg

No offence to randy quaid but he plays such a great redneck. lol

Is that good money in the states?

UPS is union. $20 to drive a nice, well kept truck and being outside all day is pretty good (if you live in SoCal I imagine this isn't bad). Plus I think they get their uniforms provided and good benefits.

If you are a veteran UPS guy your making decent money and well respected. If you are a new guy, your a piss ant. But, even new hires start at like 9 bucks, I think. Not bad right off the bat but you still have to pay union dues from that....:rolleyes:

Now if your a pilot for UPS........ You are making some DAMN good money from what I hear.

It's not "retire early" money but it's better than what a large amount of the population here makes.

Back
Top Bottom