lets get to know one another????

Great thread and very interesting.

Im 47 and have 4 boys, my oldest son is 25, same age or older then half of you(lol).I also have a 23yo, a 17 yo, and a 10yo.
Been married for 27yrs to my highschool sweetie. I havent worked full time in 25yrs.I homeschooled my kids and still am.
My hobbies are my animals.I have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 7 snakes, a parrot,and chickens.I also love the outdoors, hiking, walking dogs, swimming up at the lake and herping.

Okay! My turn...

My name is Jee and I am 25yrs. old. I am originally from the bay area, Vallejo CA. I'm currently in Colorado pursuing a degree in Music. I am a mentor for students @ the University of Colorado-Denver. My dream is to one day break into the music industry. I currently have no children, just one dog and 2 chams. I have one more year to earn my undergrad degree them I am planning to go to Grad school hopefully in LA or NY. And yes, I am a starving musician but a determined one.

Chams are my favorite reptiles. I have kept chameleons all my life but is just now beginning w/ Panthers. I used to never been able to find them until now! I'm glad I found this forum!

And did I mention... I love MUSIC!

My name is Scott. I am 36, and have been in the Navy for 14 1/2 years. We currently live in Western Washington. We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 Mali uromastyx, 1 leopard gecko, 1 Bourkes parakeet (who is at least 15), 1 chinchilla, freshwater fish, saltwater fish, and the latest addition 1 Jackson chameleon.

I have been into reptiles since I caught a brown fence lizard as a child in the back yard. I kept him as a pet for several years before releasing him into the wild. I have since kept boids, scorpions, geckos, colubrids, and numerous agamids. I did have a veiled chameleon when we were stationed in Florida, but unfortunately he did not survive the move to Maine. I got away from keeping reptiles while in Maine because so many of my favorite species were illegal there.

great thread hoj

Hi my name is Damian im 27 years old live in collingwood ontario im a front desk tire salesman and i have been breeding chameleons for 2 years now im glad to have such a good website to interact with one another and get great info about things that help so much with problems and good things with our chameleons thanks chameleon forums

1.2ambilobe 1.1 nosy be 0.2 baby veilds

Haha, how cool to get to know everyone a bit better.

Well, I'm Kat. I'll be 26 in April 2011. Currently reside near Durham in the North East of England, although I will be moving to Cyprus when I win the lottery!!! LOL I have a hubby of 2 years (although we've been together for 7!!!) We share a love for our VW Camper in which we are quite often away for weekends. Best sort a cham sitter now we've got Simba!! LOL

I also have a rat called Marley, 2 jack russels Kiera-5 and Milo-2....and a horse India (who I have reluctantly decided to sell due to a recent accident :()

I'm obsessed with animals and hope to have my own business one day revolving around them :)

At the moment I am a sales support manager for a drinks wholesaler.

That's all the credentials I can think of :D

My name is Sarah. I'm from Ohio, and I'm 28 years old. I live on a farm with my fiance and 10 year old son. I love all the animals, and have my share of them. I spend my time taking care of animals, and I'm a full time nursing student. For fun, I ride 4-wheeler, go jet skiing, fishing, sled riding.

Hi my name is Doug, I live in FL and I am 46 years old. Have been married for 28 wonderful years to my high school sweetheart. Have 3 kids, my oldest is a son who is currently in the USAF. I have 2 girls who are both in college. I work at the Space Center for the last 26 year, never thought I would be there that long. I like hunting and fishing and really like supercross as I used to race! I ride streetbikes now! Love spending time with my family, and I wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Juli here, live in Safety Harbor FL which is a little town wedged between Clearwater and Tampa Bay. I have a degree in Biology(Indiana Univeristy-Pre Med/Molecular Genetics), but have never really worked in my degree field-but it is very useful in my animal related hobbies. I am a Quality and Customer Service Manager for the company that puts patient education TV's in Doctors offices that plays CNN produced programming. I have been here for 14 years now, having originated from Indiana. Married 23 years this year, I have a 22 year old daughter, 18 and 16 year old sons, and my daughter has my beautiful 5 month old granddaughter. We share our home with 20+ reptiles, most being chameleons, our Great Dane, our other dog a lab mix, and a cockatiel named chicken who loves to play peek-a-boo. I have always kept a variety of pets, but did not get into reptiles until 5 years ago when I immersed myself into the chameleon world, became obsessed, joined this forum, got involved in local rescue and reptile education, and started working the local Repticon shows with FLChams. I have met so many amazing people here, and will be out in CA this year so hopefully I can meet some of the West Coasters!

My name is Cathy. I am from CA. Been a Library media/spec. for way too long. I also volunteer with Operation Greyhound in greyhound rescue.

Hi! I’m Jann and I live in beautiful south Florida with my husband and the pets. We presently have four chameleons, a Cuban Knight Anole and a mixed breed dog. I’m also currently cham sitting my daughter’s six chameleons. My husband and I are real-estate investors and I work from home except for three months a year when I prepare tax returns for H&R Block. I grew up in NC and I’ve also lived in SC and GA. I have two daughters. My oldest lives in Atlanta, GA with my grandson and my youngest is still in grad school in Valdosta, GA at the moment but will be moving to Sarasota, FL for her internship in speech language pathology next week. My youngest daughter got me started with chameleons when she brought home her first chameleon Jillian, a female Sambava panther seven years ago. Jillian was a big part of our family for over 3 ½ years and is still very sadly missed.

I joined the chameleon forums and have been helping veiled and panther keepers for over three years. I’ve noticed we have quite a few new members from FL. A couple years back I tried to start a Florida Chameleon Keepers Group, like the one they have in CA. We had one get together and not many keepers showed any interest. Maybe since we have more FL keepers now we can get this group up and going. Anyone interested can let me know here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/fl-monthly-chameleon-owner-meeting-anyone-23027/

I am a Photographer and a skills trainer to pay the bills.

In my off time I really enjoy taking my kids to the beach or going on hikes :)

my name is justin e. 19 male
i am going to hvcc ny for paramedics degree i hope to become a profecional firefighter (because i love to help people,) for my home town give you a hint go jimmer!!!

i volentier at my local vol fire company have one older bro.

i love to play free rock shows at a loccal bar and just jam on my guitar.
greenday mostly but play all the way back to cash.

i have a dog cat bird and now a cham.(Alice)

i love hikes and "short walks through the woods" thats a homestarrunner joke.

i just try to enjoy life even thoe it gets me down somtimes.

that is the simple verssion...

Hi
I am Tammie from north west England, I am a nurse and live with my husband,2 kids, dog, fish, cham, geckos and snake.
I try to spend lots of time with my kids so dont have much time for hobbies but love gardening and am looking into giving up nursing and start my own reptile shop :)

Hey everyone. I am Allison, 30 years young (sometimes). I am an environmental scientist for my local government and have a BS in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, a BS in Botany, and a Masters in Public Administration. I started vet school with focus on shelter medicine and exotic animals, but due to health reasons, I came home. I hope to return and finish one day.

I have 1 veiled cham (more to come), 4 cats and 1 chihuahua/jack russell female. All rescues!

In my spare time, I work with the local county animal shelter where my mother is director, and focus my time with animal rescue efforts. Oh, and I bleed orange and blue...GO GATORS!!

Jann: sign me up!!

I never even saw this thread before! So, I am Carol and I hit the big 50 last year!!! I have been married for 23 yrs have a 21yr old son and a 19 year old daughter, both in college. I work part time cleaning houses and taking care of some properties for people who live here seasonally. I don't have a huge zoo of animals, just the one cham, some fish and a cockatiel. Love working in my yard and my big passion is football and my beloved Chicago Bears!!!

Hi, I guess, I should post in this thread too. :eek:.

My name is Zachery Bublitz, I go by Zac, not ZacK or ZacH or any of the sort, just Zac. :rolleyes:

I was named after the black power ranger (Zachery), just a fun fact I guess, I live in Watertown, SD sadly, It seems like I am one of the only Chameleon Keepers in SD at the moment, I'm sure that there are some but none that I can find.. I am 16 years old, waiting to turn 17 in early September. I got to school for about 8 hours a day, I'm a Sophomore. I just got a job at Hy-Vee a local grocery store, (I take my drug test tomorrow). I live with my mother and my brother, and our little "Zoo"..

I got into Chameleons back in early 2010, and I have loved it ever since! I started off with just Red Eared Slider Turltes and Western Painted Turtles. Then I got my first male Veiled Chameleon and further down the road my female. I bred them for the first time in January of 2011, and currently have 61 eggs incubating, and they are due to hatch out in August or September possibly longer. I guess that's a bit about me, so if you have any questions just ask. :)

I am also trying to get the Reptile Community out and about in my area, not too many avid keepers here.

Zac

Back
Top Bottom