Luke, I am your Nosy Be father.....

You will love having Nosy Be! Their blues are out of this world! Our Azul is such a handsome man:D

Luke has been playing with his food recently. His table manners have to be worked on. He says "my hornworm, not your's."

Attachments

• Luke 4 24 14.jpg
    Luke 4 24 14.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Luke hornmorm.jpg
    Luke hornmorm.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 142
Luke made it outside this afternoon...

We've had some great weather this week, and I put Luke is in big ole ficus tree this afternoon to soak up some sun. I think he enjoyed cruising around and doing a little bit of exploration.

Attachments

• 2014-05-06 16.00.10.jpg
    2014-05-06 16.00.10.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 2014-05-06 16.56.43.jpg
    2014-05-06 16.56.43.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 2014-05-06 16.57.15.jpg
    2014-05-06 16.57.15.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 163
What a handsome guy. The names and concepts are all awesome. Is there anythimg you had to do to get him to eat hornworms? None of mine seem much jnterested, I think my jackson ate one, but no one else has.

What a handsome guy. The names and concepts are all awesome. Is there anythimg you had to do to get him to eat hornworms? None of mine seem much jnterested, I think my jackson ate one, but no one else has.

Thanks scerbz. We sure love having Luke around. I've always been around reptiles and amphibians, but not my wife. I'm lucky, she fell in love with him within a couple hours of receiving him last November. We're going to continue w/ the Star Wars theme with a new addition sometime this summer probably. Wife is convince Luke is lonely and needs a girlfriend. sssshhhhh, play along w/ it. I'm not going to tell her. I'm just happy she's good w/ getting another Nosy Be girl. :rolleyes:

Didn't have to do a thing to get him interested in hornworms. He went bananas over them. Maybe you could get some younger hornworms that are not quite yet full grown. The big ones might be a little intimidating to your chams. Have you tried any silk worms? They're next on our list of assorted feeders. Trying to work on a discoid colony this summer too.

Thanks its so much fun having Luke with us. I sent Vinnie a month by month update on Luke yesterday. You'll have to have him share it with you. Do you anticipate any un-related nosy be girls showing up in the next few months that the Mellinnium Falcon could attempt the Kessel run is less than 12 parcels again? :D

Happy Birthday, Luke Skywalker is One!!!!!

Well Luke is officially 1yr old (born last week of July 2013 ish). He's adjusted very well to our move last month, and is loving his new back yard. He's outdoor 100% the time, but he's still going in between the screen in porch in the evenings, and his big outdoor cage in the afternoons. He almost had a love connection recently but the timing wasn't right due to our move. New house = countless unexpected monies just streaming out of my pocket. Now that things have slowed down and we're all getting adjusted, love is probably in the air again for Luke.

Attachments

• 2014-07-20 13.52.23.jpg
    2014-07-20 13.52.23.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 2014-07-20 13.52.33.jpg
    2014-07-20 13.52.33.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 188
Congratulations Luke! You may have read that his brother Clouseau passed away last week. He got stomatitis and despite 3 different antibiotics developed a respiratory infection. I am devastated over this. He was doing so well and was sooo very handsome. Maybe keep me in mind for one of Luke's progeny!

OMG, I did not see your thread. I to am at loss for words. I am so so so sorry for your loss. I will definitely keep you posted on the growth of Luke's "capabilities".

Luke is a spoiled young man. I recently acquired a discoid colony from a fellow member (which is kicking _ss), and I don't want to free range them like a do crickets. I have tried numerous different cup feeding containers, and he will not tag one. He'll just sit there and look at them. I grab one, and he'll turn and run to nail it from my fingers.

Thanks. I miss him every day! He was my dream chameleon. I had a batch of hornworms that just up and died for no good reason. I had fed him several of them and I think that had to be where it started. Nothing in his environment had changed, except for upgrading my lights to Arcadias and my misting system to an Aquazamp. He and Omar now seemed to love when the mister would go off, instead of running away they ran right into it and seemed to enjoy it. Clouseau was like that too about cups. Although I have Dubias. Even crickets in a cup would go uneaten! The only thing he took out of a cup was phoenix worms!

chinese take out container feeder...

And just as I say Luke doesn't pay much attention to any type of cup feeders, I found something that works. Bigger, wider, not to deep yet deep enough to keep the smaller discoids from getting out, and black. Luke says gotta love Chinese take out.

Attachments

• 2014-07-23 09.49.24.jpg
    2014-07-23 09.49.24.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 158
Into the ficus we go....

We made it out to the big ficus the other day for nice warm florida sun. Luke is ready for winter to be over.

Attachments

• Luke 2015-01-21.jpg
    Luke 2015-01-21.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Luke2 2015-01-21 .jpg
    Luke2 2015-01-21 .jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 195
Can't a guy get any privacy???

"can't I even dry off after my shower before you start taking pictures of me again?"

Attachments

• Luke 2015-01-10.jpg
    Luke 2015-01-10.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom