MBD, please help!!!!!!

No, Marrieta is too far (1 Hour).

There's not many good reptile vets out there and an hour isn't really that far. I use to have to drive 4 to 5 hours, depending on traffic, one way to mine until I moved closer to him and now it's just an hour. Did the vet you went to have my chameleon experience or experience with MBD in chameleons?

Did you get xrays, that Veiled looks like it has MBD, the rubbery jaw, the legs, the kinked spine...Could just be me but you might want to get a second opinion, just my two cents.
Ok, here is the extra detail; 1. He said he does not have MBD, it's just a slightly broken leg; 2. The vet said he is underweight, I will feed him more. 3. More heat: this is why he is skinny.

Signs of no MBD: Good grip, Active, Able to move regularly, more than green colors.

There's not many good reptile vets out there and an hour isn't really that far. I use to have to drive 4 to 5 hours, depending on traffic, one way to mine until I moved closer to him and now it's just an hour. Did the vet you went to have my chameleon experience or experience with MBD in chameleons?
Yes, he did. We don't have a lot time to drive a hour.

Ok, here is the extra detail; 1. He said he does not have MBD, it's just a slightly broken leg; 2. The vet said he is underweight, I will feed him more. 3. More heat: this is why he is skinny.

Signs of no MBD: Good grip, Active, Able to move regularly, more than green colors.
What caused the broken leg? What is his weight?

One thing we need to remember when giving advise here is that the OP is 9 years old. I am proud that he took the initiative to ask his parents to take his cham to the vet. I don't think being 9 will prevent him from doing his very best to do what he needs to do. I do think knowing his age is important to how we respond.

@XxSepiorxX, good job getting him to the vet! I would like to suggest that you see if your parents would be willing to also get on here and learn as well. It would really help you because then your parents would also understand the care involved. It's easier to convince someone who is paying for what is needed if they know why its needed.

One thing we need to remember when giving advise here is that the OP is 9 years old. I am proud that he took the initiative to ask his parents to take his cham to the vet. I don't think being 9 will prevent him from doing his very best to do what he needs to do. I do think knowing his age is important to how we respond.

@XxSepiorxX, good job getting him to the vet! I would like to suggest that you see if your parents would be willing to also get on here and learn as well. It would really help you because then your parents would also understand the care involved. It's easier to convince someone who is paying for what is needed if they know why its needed.
9?? I had no idea! Well at least I know how to talk with kids cause I sort lf am one:notworthy:
Dont worry keeping chams is totally possible when your young! Take it from me!

9?? I had no idea! Well at least I know how to talk with kids cause I sort lf am one:notworthy:
Dont worry keeping chams is totally possible when your young! Take it from me!

I'm a big kid too when it comes to my lizards! :D My husband thinks I'm nuts most of the time and just rolls his eyes whenever I talk to him about them. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom