My chameleon sleeps like hes in a coma!

Mopskitty

So I recently purchase my chameleon Lorenzo about a week ago...he was mistreated his skin was dry (not shedding dry, like I've been in the sun too long) however his skin is waaay better now and he's eating and going the bathroom normally :) ...they had him in a long cage (so he had no climbing room) and next to tons of birds (he probably thought he was prey the whole time) so now there is only one thing that freaks me out...he sleeps like he's in a coma...even if I touch him he doesn'twake up...I have to make sure he's breathing just to put my mind at ease :(as silly as it sounds could it just be that he never got a decent nights sleep in his life??? Idk please help!

Attachments

• IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 129
I'm not an expert (I got my chameleon Alphys about a week ago too!), but I was told that it could be from dehydration. Alphys is also doing the same thing although less frequently now. I kept misting her enclosure for days and she's a bit better now.
You might wanna stick around until someone more knowledgeable than I am replies here.

Thanks :)I'm pretty good at spritzing the cage but I think I'm gonna have to give in and get a mister just to be safe ❤

Phew! I was so worried...I thought he was dead the first time but he was clinging on the cage still lol

Back
Top Bottom