Nachito ongoing photo thread :D

Give me an L! Give me an A! Give me a Y! What does it spell? Lay Lay Lay! Goooooo Nachitooooo!
will ferrell snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She looks really good 👌🏻🙌🏻 Normally during the day it’s hardly visible they’re carrying eggs, but when she sleeps vertically she gets that pear shape and than eggs start to get visible or she looks big. The same I’m thinking to see with Nachito. It could be the not eating is causing her to loose weight. She still doesn’t eat?

She looks really good 👌🏻🙌🏻 Normally during the day it’s hardly visible they’re carrying eggs, but when she sleeps vertically she gets that pear shape and than eggs start to get visible or she looks big. The same I’m thinking to see with Nachito. It could be the not eating is causing her to loose weight. She still doesn’t eat?
She was only eating half her food for a few weeks but skipped food Friday, she has taken a few silkworms here and there when I’ve offered them to her. So far today she hasn’t gone for her food besides one silkworm I offered by hand.

Hmmm….that’s already some time but not unusual for the first time.
How’re the swellings around her ankles?
Are you btw noticing a gular edema? That’s for me always the biggest symptom when she’s getting to minus 2 weeks for laying.

Hmmm….that’s already some time but not unusual for the first time.
How’re the swellings around her ankles?
Are you btw noticing a gular edema? That’s for me always the biggest symptom when she’s getting to minus 2 weeks for laying.
The swelling is the same, I’m hoping that if all goes well we can maybe go to the vet and see if any antibiotics may help (possible infection was talked about last visit). As for gular edema, she got some in November last year when she first went receptive, and it really never fully went away. Right now, I’d say maybe a little.
Edit: she has so far eaten the two other silkworms I offered her, but no interest in the roaches unless I hand feed them to her 🤔 and they are the bugs she wasn’t eating for the last few weeks.
IMG_5853.jpeg

The swelling is the same, I’m hoping that if all goes well we can maybe go to the vet and see if any antibiotics may help (possible infection was talked about last visit). As for gular edema, she got some in November last year when she first went receptive, and it really never fully went away. Right now, I’d say maybe a little.
Edit: she has so far eaten the two other silkworms I offered her, but no interest in the roaches unless I hand feed them to her 🤔 and they are the bugs she wasn’t eating for the last few weeks.
View attachment 357687
Maybe the silks are more tolerant for her stomach. Roaches are wider and harder in the shell and maybe pushing against the eggs.
As long as she can still use her feet without problems than it’s okay I guess.
Just keep an eye on edema, it could help with the timing.

Maybe the silks are more tolerant for her stomach. Roaches are wider and harder in the shell and maybe pushing against the eggs.
As long as she can still use her feet without problems than it’s okay I guess.
Just keep an eye on edema, it could help with the timing.
Thank you for all of the advice!!! She seems to be gripping very well! I’m thinking about ordering some more silkworms but am having issues connecting/loading up framschams website…. Is anyone else having that problem?

Thank you for all of the advice!!! She seems to be gripping very well! I’m thinking about ordering some more silkworms but am having issues connecting/loading up framschams website…. Is anyone else having that problem?
It should be back up tomorrow hun so you will be able to place an order.

We are just hanging out today! Nachito is showing a few signs of hopefully having eggs, one being pooping little poops a lot more often and having divided attention when it comes to food! I won’t lie I’m super nervous and I hope she doesn’t retain the follicles again 😖
Also does anyone have any silkworm recommendations? I’m about to run out and framchams is currently out of stock and they are one of the only things Nachito is interest in right now
IMG_5905.jpeg
IMG_5904.jpeg

We are just hanging out today! Nachito is showing a few signs of hopefully having eggs, one being pooping little poops a lot more often and having divided attention when it comes to food! I won’t lie I’m super nervous and I hope she doesn’t retain the follicles again 😖
Also does anyone have any silkworm recommendations? I’m about to run out and framchams is currently out of stock and they are one of the only things Nachito is interest in right now
View attachment 357762View attachment 357763
Looks like they have mediums in stock https://framschams.com/products/med...oard&utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=web

Hey everyone! We have successfully moved into the college dorms! Time to let the party chameleon out! Nachito did great, she said hi to a few of our helpers in moving furniture and now has her cage covered to be left completely alone (expect for feedings) for the next few day!
unfortunately my cams are currently not working so no secret hidden view of her. I also hope she is doing ok and will lay soon 🤞🏻
here’s a little supplement photos of me and her enclosure all set up 😊
You might notice a certain calendar in the background 🤭
IMG_8522.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom