MerlinX

Hello,

I'm excited for my first male panther chameleon to arrive on Wednesday! (10/2) I've been working on the enclosure and believe I'm all set! Hopefully many pictures and contributions to the forum for years to come!

20240930_154603.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum. :) Somehow I missed your post. Congrats on your beautiful little guy. 🥳🥰 I do hope you’ll be sharing many more pics of him.
If I might, I’d like to offer a little bit of suggestions about your enclosure. Getting it all right can be a process that takes time as we learn more. While I do see some natural branches, I believe I am also seeing either bamboo sticks or wooden dowels. It would be better to replace those with natural branches or something like Fluker’s vines (the puffy foam ones). The problem is bamboo gets very slippery when wet and dowels tend to develop black mold. To exercise the cute mitten feet, have a variety of thickness to your branches too. I use everything from super thin to half the diameter of my wrist.
The other thing is as your plants start growing in, start removing the fake plants. Even though panthers don’t eat their plants like veileds do, many artificial plants can have sharp or poky edges (and then there’s always the chemicals that they release). I always like having a taller center plant, like a ficus benjamina (weeping fig) or schefflera (umbrella plant) and then have lots of pothos to vine everywhere and some pretty accent plants here & there. Neat trick is to have a pothos on the enclosure floor and have it grow upwards. The leaves will become so much bigger than those that grow down.
Anyhow, I’ll shut up now. 😂 I’m so very glad that you’ve found your way here and look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you for the response! Good to know about the bamboo, there is some in there. He wasn't too happy after his trip, so I think I'll let him hang for a few days before making any changes. I did see him drinking already but isn't interested in the dubias I put in 2 different feeders...

For some, dubia can be an acquired taste. You could ask who you bought him from if he was eating them before. As much as I’ve tried to get away from crickets, it is the one staple feeder that all of my reptiles will eat…even the really finicky ones. I recently put aside my fear and tried grasshoppers and I think I’ll eventually try breeding my own as all of my critters seemed to enjoy them. https://feedmychameleon.com/collections/feeder-grasshoppers-for-sale

Back
Top Bottom