Oorana Mena or Nosy Mitsio

If you could own just one locale, which of the two would it be?

• Total voters
The name Oorana mena basically means "red rain". interesting, although not all the panthers their are red ha ha ha ha ha:D

Have to with the ooranas

I LOVE THE COLORS!:D WITH THAT BLUE BACKROUND, WHITE BARING WITH RED HIGH LIGHTS BLOW MY MIND! SEEING A QUALITY MALE IN PERSON IS A REAL PLEASURE... AND THE FEMALES ARE A VERY BRILLIANT PINK. WHEN THEY ARE PREGO THEY ARE THAT SAME BRILLIANT PINK WITH BURGUNDY BARING INSTEAD OF THE TYPICAL BLACK PREGO COLORS. I HAD A GREAT PHOTO BUT MY COMPUTER CRASH AND I HAD NO BACK UP:( ILL POST PICS SOON WHEN I GET MINE SOON :p

Ah,neither. I'd rather have an ambanja, nosy be or ambilobe than any of the others - especially the newer ones...

Funny, because I remember many nosey be's looking very much like those nosey faly chameleons - but being considered "less desirable" due to the red and yellow. Everyone was breeding for pure blue - the red speckels in ambanjas and nosey be's were often considered undesirable, the more pure blue, the better.

I always felt the red bar ambanjas were the best looking, then solid blue nosey bes, then ambilobes - For me, the most important thing is how they look relaxed, not fired up. In my opinion, ambanjas and nosey bes look better relaxed, ambilobes, sambavas look better fired up.

i'll get some panthers eventually. I think I'd rather have one or two for my lectures. Don't know if I'd ever want to breed them.

One thing is for certain, pure blue nosey be's really catch your eye. People usually can't believe they're real.

Finally! one person on the thread feels the same way I do. I'm sorry, but I fell in love with panthers because I loved all the different colors they could have. A far as the Nosy Mitsios- I'm not going to waste my money on a color that isn't that unique, a plain lime green animal? Anoles are lime green, and at most probably $7.
And the Nosy Falys, I really don't care for any chameleon that has speckles of another color in it- breeders are trying desperately to breed that out of the Nosy Be. Now, if someone showed me a Blue bar chameleon with a crisp white background- I'd fall in love.
For me, I'd love a solid blue Nosy Be more than anything </rant>

Hi, i'm Guido from Holland and new on this forum.
Nosy Faly and Nisy Mitsio are both beautiful species.
Mitsio a a bigger player with colors, thats why i prefer Nosy-Mitsio.
Faly is mostly blue/green and more a contrast player.
We breed with Mitsio and Faly for several years now, and with sucses. At this moment whe have Baby's and young animals of both kind.
If you want you can take al look at www.mayest.nl

I hope my English is not to bad:)

Greetings from Holland.

Lime Green?

A far as the Nosy Mitsios- I'm not going to waste my money on a color that isn't that unique, a plain lime green animal? Anoles are lime green, and at most probably $7.

Looks more like banana yellow.

This guy eats 7$ lime green anoles as a snack. (its the truth)

3553726114_4ba23923db_o.jpg

Mitsio for sure.

See ya,

Todd

Another Nosy Faly Image for your reference :)

Another Nosy Faly Pic. This is WC male I got about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 237
those two morphs are really awesome,
but belive me the real color you will see only in the natural sunlight,
it is a big difference between terarium light and sunlight

I add some pictures from both regions, Nosy faly and Nosy mitsio
enjoy it

Attachments

• mitsio1.jpg
    mitsio1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 234
  • mitsio2.jpg
    mitsio2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 239
  • faly1.jpg
    faly1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 240
  • faly2.jpg
    faly2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 184
Eh, if I wanted a green reptile I would have bought another iguana..

I'm more interested in what the animal looks like at rest, not sleeping, not fired up. Most picks of menas I see show an almost solid green cham when chilled out. I will admit they are pretty. Just don't fit my fancy.

Both are astounding in their own way. I just have a thing for blue.

edit: I meant to say Mitsio...As in, Most pics of Mitsios..Sorry I was in a rush.

Last edited:
pure, i'm with you. I think breeders should show their choice chams flared up, sleeping, and at rest. My cham isn't very aggressive so i never see those wild colors, i mainly see his excited colors, or his rest colors.
Anyway, I want a nosy faly bad!

I think I would like a nosy mitsio. However, both are very unique looking chameleons. It is a tough call when I really try to compare. Can I just have every locale?

Back
Top Bottom