PIcs of all panther locals

nightcrawler

Avid Member
i would like a thread to have pictures of all the panther locals that are known, and/or have pictures. if you dont want to bother then dont. its only if you want but i would like to see all the differences in them and be able to look at them all at one time when i need too. other people can compare too. if you have something then please post it here. you get to show off your cham too. some of these locals i never heard of but who am i right?

thank you for your help.

Andapa, Ambanja, Ankaramy, Blue Bar Ambilobe, Nosy Be

Photos are from Screameleons and Chameleons Only. Site Sponsors

Last edited:
Nosy Faly, Nosy Mitsio, Tamatave, Red Bar Ambilobe, Sambava

Photos from Screameleons and Chameleons only: site sponsors

Last edited:
that is a great start. it works out well becuase my little nephiew is over and i am going to show him all these chameleons and their colors. if you didnt know im the cool uncle.

Ankify (1;2); Blue Diamond (3); Nosy Ankarea (4); Ampiskiana (5)

Attachments

• DSCN908422.jpg
    DSCN908422.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN91622.jpg
    DSCN91622.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 294
  • P10500082.jpg
    P10500082.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 320
  • nosy_ankarea018.jpg
    nosy_ankarea018.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 8bc6b6b5_IMG61045.large.jpg
    8bc6b6b5_IMG61045.large.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 283
Only Ankify is mine. The others belong to friends of mine, but I'm waiting for babies from ampiskiana , and blue diamond.... Nosy ankarea is very similar to mitsio and I already have a very exceptional specimen, even for a mitsio ;).

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm from France.

DarkElve,

Welcome! I love seeing new pardalis fans from around the world! I hope you continue to post here and please don't worry, your English is fine :).

I'm interested in why the US imports the same locales time after time but Europe somehow gets localities that either haven't been imported here in a long time, or never have been. Do you have any insight? Does Europe get supplied by different exporters than we do?? Also, do you know the locality of the Blue Diamond specimen? It appears it could be a Nosy Komba?

Blue Diamond are Pardalis from the area of Ambato, the one I show you is a 6 month old male, A very exceptional animal, i'll send more pictures of this morph if you want.

There is many reasons of all these rares morph importation are more common in Europe.

First one is that every animals legally imported from Madagascar are supposed to make an escale in Paris.

Another one (the main I think), is that we have great breeders in Est Europa which are going to Mada for picking their own animales.... So they can find new morphs or simply be more specific about the origine of their chams.... Lot of chameleons are imported under the name of Ambanja but are not just Ambanja...

Ampiskiana is a morph between Sambava and Mitsio, I'm sure it was a lot of them imported before under sambava or diego appelation, but it's nammed Ampiskiana only for 2 years... First Ampiskiana CB just hatched 2 or 3 monthes ago.

But there is also things we don't have, like Blue faly, in Europe, we only have vibrant green Faly... Some paires are coming in France in Märch, I hope they will find blue paires ;)

( 'hope you'll understand everything :p )

Jonathan.

Blue Diamond are Pardalis from the area of Ambato, the one I show you is a 6 month old male, A very exceptional animal, i'll send more pictures of this morph if you want.

Of course I want to see more! :D I've always wondered what the pardalis from that peninsula looked like, but there are no publications I know of here that show anything from that region.

Another one (the main I think), is that we have great breeders in Est Europa which are going to Mada for picking their own animales.... So they can find new morphs or simply be more specific about the origine of their chams.... Lot of chameleons are imported under the name of Ambanja but are not just Ambanja...

Very cool. I discussed this briefly with someone who did it. It doesn't sound easy, but would be well worth it to bring back something new. Very true about the Ambanja thing. I am of the opinion that unless you collected the animals yourself, there is no such thing as a "pure" anything. Many of the Ambanja lineages in this country have Ankify (and Nosy Be, etc) blood in them but they are called "Ambanja." It's not accurate.

It's also interesting that you don't have the blue Nosy Faly's there in Europe. Very interesting. Well, anyway, thanks for replying and hopefully you can keep us updated with any new locality-types being introduced in Europe. You know we'll do the same here :)

Here are some ambato / Blue Diamond.

Just as Ambanja or ambilobe, you can find red bar, or blue bar... or both.

Blue diamond have a turquoise body with red or blue stripes. They have yellow rays on turrets and yellow make up on their cheeks and lips ;)

It could be kind of a natural mix between nosy be and ambanja. In the same way masoala could be a mix between Tamatave and maroantsetra.

Last edited:
hello
this is the evolution of my blue diamond.
and my ambilobe blue bar :)

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Ah, ok. I've seen some animals similar to the male in the 2nd pic of DarkElve's last post. It was labeled as unknown locality so I was thinking it might have been one of the other islands. They seem quite variable, but I guess that is a rather large area they could potentially be collecting them from. Damon, thanks for sharing your pics too. Your Ambato turned into a very beautiful guy!

Héhé, that's fun, The second I posted is the father of Damon's Ambato ;)

Their not such variable, exept for bars color, it's just they have a large palet of color, they change a lot in a lifetime.

A German importator of Paradlis just went back form Madagascar this monday.

I ask him about Nosy Faly, the colormorph called "Oorana Mena" by some american breeders/sellers to make trouble the identification...

He told me during the rainseason (this is now) they are mainly blue with yellow eyes, and red spotted ! After the rainseason from end of april - they get more and more green ! ON this island is definately only one colourmorph - just a small island !!!

My two pences :)

Miwill from http://www.pardalis.be

Back
Top Bottom