Quick question!

alexyboo909

I had my Po out today and she was enjoying roaming around for maybe 15 minutes. So I picked her up and was taking her to her cage when she closed both of her eyes for a little bit. I did walk through a dark hallway for not even a minute. But it scared me so I touched her back and she opened her eyes right up. Put her in her cage and she's back to normal. This happen to anyone else?

It seems that while walking with a Cham or driving if a window cracked open they close their eyes. My only guess is the wind dries or irritates the tissue.

well worrying aside, she looked adorable and she was all cuddled up in the palm of my hand. I'd like to think of it as a bonding moment :)

They do it because they are scared of whatever is happening. My Tommy used to do it when I carried him up or down the stairs. Amy sometimes does it if I get my face too close to hers.

I agree that it is a reaction to something that scares them. My personal experience is that if it is dark in the area while you hold them, you are moving them too quickly, or sometimes putting your face too close they will close their eyes and wait for danger to pass.

As they get more used to you they of course wont close their eyes as much in fear

She was temporarily frightened and took solace in the comfort of your soft, warm hands...sounds like a bonding moment to me :)

Back
Top Bottom