Update on Draco

Kieonii

Updated his enclosure today. it's not finished. Need to add the higher branches (gonna screw them in around the top half) Also gotta get a new plant. My Pothos died. Few too many bites taken out of it. Strangely he does not seem happy. Needs time to adjust I'm sure. Every time I open the door he tries to book it as quick as he can (has never done that). Pretty funny. It's been a slightly stressful day for him today. Anyways, heres a pic. New enclosure is a lil over 2ft tall. Might need to get extra lights though. Not sure if the ones I have will heat the whole thing. We shall see. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357788409.223150.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357788435.400485.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357788452.216573.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357788467.329867.jpg
This was his temporary prison while I exchanged his smaller enclosure ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357788533.743485.jpg a box with a basket over top. No, don't worry, his head is not stuck.

Well it's starting to look good but you definitely need some more foliage - Draco is probably pissed because he feels 'exposed'! Your Cham will need ALOT more plant material in there to be comfortable! Is the jar his feeding cup? Or a water source? if its water he could fall in and drown so I would remove it asap! All in all tho, looks good!

ps: love the last picture...looks like he's in jail!

Yeah, my plant died. In the smaller cage is was plenty. Gonna pick up another Pothos and a Ficus. Possible an umbrella tree. The jar is for feeders. The only water in there ( not pictured) is a tiny shot glass that holds fresh kale and/ or other greens. Keeps him from eating the plant. I'll have a new plant in there tomorrow. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357797451.534458.jpg this is what remains of the previous plant before I started giving him other greens instead. The jail break is my new Fave pic of him.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. I got the ladder from Pet country. It's for birdcages. He has used it a couple of times but it's only been in there for 2 days. Just added the 2 Ficus plants today also.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. I got the ladder from Pet country. It's for birdcages. He has used it a couple of times but it's only been in there for 2 days. Just added the 2 Ficus plants today also.

How much did the plants cost you?

$5 each. I got 2 in there. The ladder was only $3 dollars. I have my eye on this guy next ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357881193.972007.jpg it's another strand of Ficus and it's about the size of the whole enclosure. Would like it to be Draco's out of his enclosure hang out. Unfortunately it's like $50.

$5 each. I got 2 in there. The ladder was only $3 dollars. I have my eye on this guy nextView attachment 70909 it's another strand of Ficus and it's about the size of the whole enclosure. Would like it to be Draco's out of his enclosure hang out. Unfortunately it's like $50.

Wow not bad at all! I'm considering on getting a couple ficus plants. Where did you buy them? Aw man that sucks to hear that plant is $50. You should just wait. Your cage looks great so far!

Absolutely have to wait for the plant. Sad but true. He really loves to come out and I think he'd enjoy it. But I don't have the extra cash ( or really any for that matter, ha). Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it, it's a vast improvement from his first set up. I think ficus is a good choice. They like it humid and you don't have to water them much. Once a week or so. Plus they look good. These ones I think are Benjamin Ficus.

I bought them at a small plant shop in Oregon. They don't use pesticides or anything and the owner is really helpful. These are just starter size. The larger ones ranged from $15-$50. This size was perfect for my set up though

Hung some fake foliage from the top to give him more to hide in plus it work great to drip water from after I mist it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358104173.320705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom