why did i ever bother? (may offend)

completely unrelated: I wont be back here for much longer as i will not be owning a chameleon but i must say that everyone here has been great. Aside form one or two, this forum has been a pleasure to be on. Some great people here. Understanding, intelligent and easy going.

Once again, you did the right thing. It takes a real adult to say, "hey, I am in over my head." and to just suck up their pride and pass the responsibility here.

I don't judge you for it, I commend you for taking the necessary steps for making both you and your chameleon happy. Most people would just ignore it and let it die sadly.

That or make every excuse why this is not their fault. But, you admitted your fault and even better, did everything in your power to come to terms with it and fix it. Leaps and bounds what most others do.

Once again, you did the right thing. It takes a real adult to say, "hey, I am in over my head." and to just suck up their pride and pass the responsibility here.

I don't judge you for it, I commend you for taking the necessary steps for making both you and your chameleon happy. Most people would just ignore it and let it die sadly.

That or make every excuse why this is not their fault. But, you admitted your fault and even better, did everything in your power to come to terms with it and fix it. Leaps and bounds what most others do.

VERY MUCH AGREED! good job man! :D

Fair play to you aaron. Before I bought my chameleon I researched for 6 months, got everything I needed and then some and I still sometimes think i'm in over my head. Nah he doesn't love me but he makes me laugh every day with his hissy fits, the way he moves around his cage and when he eats from my hand. Judging by other people's comments on their chams i've been quite lucky, mine has never lunged at me and has only hissed a few times. He's actually quite friendly as veileds go!

I don't find him all that difficult to look after but there is alot of things to remember and I still keep questioning and learning. I dunno how people keep more than one! i'd find that too much.

Anyway, hope you find him a decent home.

Someone get this guy a parsons

If only he knew that many keepers would be willing to pay 2k for a parsons that is even less rewarding by the thread starters definition....

2k wont even get him something that fetches the paper out of a parsons. can you imagine how pissed he would be?

whether it hit a nerve or not... what it boils down to is that this thread starter didnt do his research and was shocked when he figured out something about keeping chameleons that he could have asked here, or read about a head of time.

he got a better reaction than most that dont do research and come here and talk about it.

everyone makes mistakes

I agree that Aaron had the right to post his dismay over a poor decision to purchase a cham. I did about 3-4 months of research after they caught my eye before I purchased. Aaron should be able to sell the cham and its "belongings" to someone more willing to take on the commitment. My husband and I travel the east coast a lot in the summer and our cham goes in a special travel crate packed in our camper to go with us so I can handle his needs (which I find actually easy to handle compared to some pets I have had). Not every pet is right for everyone and often we dont discover this until the purchase is made... hence all the homeless dogs and cats.

:D

holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Things don't always work out. I had a wife once, and ............ ;)

hahahahahahaha that made me fall off my chair :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

but besides that, i think that Aaron did a good thing by giving him to someone else, but he was also ignorant cuz he bought a living creature that he couldnt care for :mad:

lol he thinks chameleons don't do much least you didn't get scorpions their underground most of the time they really do nothing, but I still would never give them up. :D.... I am not offended by the thread some animals are just not good for some people... glad he went to another home though:)

I have always wanted a chameleon. I have always been told how difficult they are to take care of and so now after much waiting I live with a Wonderful pet Panther Chameleon. I have only had him for two month now but am relishing watching him climb the fake ficus I bought cleaned and setup for him to have some time outside. Inside I love to watch him hunt through the hibiscus blooms for the lightly dusted/gutloaded crickets. I loved building his cage and designing an automated drip system for him. I love watching his colors slowly come in week after week. I think he is the most rewarding pet I have ever had the pleasure to take care of. I think my dog is jealous, I know my wife is :)

Back
Top Bottom