Any CAR guys here?? Drag,Show,Auto-x,Drift, etc

Honda guys always say this. Then they get their car on the track and blow the motor. BTW, a corvette ZR1 is cheap considering all the power. I have an 8,000lb Ford Truck w/ a 6.4 that eats Hondas for breakfast. :D

The fastest cam only ls1 record is 9.986 @ 132.27 on a 2900lbs 94 z28, that's a with a stock bottom end, heads and N/A.

The guy gutted the crap out of it and went with a stall 3 speed and 4.33 gears.

That's under 5 grand to go 9's N/A, Now imagine if he sprayed a 150 shot?

;) exactly why my next build will be a LS1 FD! Lol

It's soo easy to make power with the bigger displacement LS1 andd they will hold a shot or boost on a stock bottom. They are also cheapp at the junkyards!

Its mopar or no car in my garage! Its not much ,more of an on going project.Its a 1973 dart 340/swinger. The motor was rebuilt last summer,I had 727 rebuilt as well. Im saving for the paint&interior.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 148
Well it's getting close to Race Season.. This is usually the time when everyone crams to get this heaps ready to race.

Well i built a 2nd car in the off-season and this was the first pass testing it.

We learned that it is slowwww, lol. The damn car was only building 5 psi of boost on the anti-lag (launch control).And he would only build wastegate spring boost (15psi)on the full pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WvQGeErLAOk&feature=endscreen

More testing soon.

The car made 854whp@ 32psi spinning on the dyno. I assume it's making around 880whp

Well it's getting close to Race Season.. This is usually the time when everyone crams to get this heaps ready to race.

Well i built a 2nd car in the off-season and this was the first pass testing it.

We learned that it is slowwww, lol. The damn car was only building 5 psi of boost on the anti-lag (launch control).And he would only build wastegate spring boost (15psi)on the full pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WvQGeErLAOk&feature=endscreen

More testing soon.

The car made 854whp@ 32psi spinning on the dyno. I assume it's making around 880whp

My boss has a all motor 9.3 sec Dart. He is building a new short block for this years PSCA that will go high 8's on the motor. Not bad for a N/A street car.

I may not race, but i am gonna chip my car around march when APR has another sale.. Gonna go straight to stage 2 with carbonio intake and USP 3" catless downpipe.. Pretty happy :) nothing close to 800 whp but good enough for me.. Maybe by the end of the year i'll get the K04 turbo and go stage 3.

My boss has a all motor 9.3 sec Dart. He is building a new short block for this years PSCA that will go high 8's on the motor. Not bad for a N/A street car.

Thats what i love about domestic cages. Its all displacment! Its just soo much $$ to build and maintain a Domestic of that level.

Thats really fast for a motor car.

The car i above will go 9.20's at race-weight and a ton of boost. Should go a 8.90s on a diet.:rolleyes:

I may not race, but i am gonna chip my car around march when APR has another sale.. Gonna go straight to stage 2 with carbonio intake and USP 3" catless downpipe.. Pretty happy :) nothing close to 800 whp but good enough for me.. Maybe by the end of the year i'll get the K04 turbo and go stage 3.

What do you drive? I have a feeling it's a SRT-4.

Thats what i love about domestic cages. Its all displacment! Its just soo much $$ to build and maintain a Domestic of that level.

Thats really fast for a motor car.

The car i above will go 9.20's at race-weight and a ton of boost. Should go a 8.90s on a diet.:rolleyes:

Not really, It will be cheaper to build a reliable street warrior v8 than a highly boosted 4 banger. I know because we machine and assemble both at the shop. We are a full machine shop/head shop and do a ton of Darton sleeved Honda blocks. Alot of our customers build race Hondas and we know how reliable they can be :rolleyes:.

My coworker went 10.7's on his low compression mild build street car on 81 octane. He then went 9.4 on the juice. Hows that for a low budget pump gas special car.

I have a 93 vw corrado slc which this year will be my auto x car.
I have a 07 vw Gti that is apr stage 2+ that is my drag car and dd

What do you drive? I have a feeling it's a VDub..

lol. Fixed!

A lot of Dubbers on the froum. Nicee.

That Caddy looks sickk.

I missed the Dub Boat by $500.

When i was 16 my budget for a car was $2000. There was a nicee 93 MK3 Golf that i was looking at on "CarBuyersMarket". They guy wanted $2500.

I ended up getting 92 Civic Si a friend of mine was selling for $2000 (it got stolen 2 years later:(), and have been Honda since.

I just got my self a 94 Z28 camaro :) with only 69,000 original miles on it cause I'm awesome :) the best part it's green my favorite color anddddd it just got brand new tires and rims with exhaust system etc etc etc on it pretty proud of myself lol and the interior is perfect and the best part the dash was not cracked haha

I drift.
I have a 91 miata as my primary track car (still streetable atm)
Also have a 90 nissan 240sx in the process of another motor swap but also for sale.

A few pics of the cars at the meet we have every week here.. Mainly Dubs

70538374.jpg

3f539338.jpg

e1c7d1ec.jpg

e3460788.jpg

0ba96794.jpg

The black GTI is a monster.. Stage 4 with a GT30 turbo.. Mine is the first in the first pic (with the parking decal)

Pics are by my friend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom