Cham lost outside in NY

I keep having visions of him chuckling into his paws as he watches you search... reckon he's going to be reeled in any day now tho...

I'd spent about 20 minutes on that picture when I got to that part.

Trillian, I bet he's chuckling too....whenever I'm searching my cages for my chameleons my husband says "just listen for the chameleon snicker."

hilltowner, you have a feeding cup in his tree. Are you putting food in it every morning?

There's definitely something in there that's not one solid color and is substantially "thicker" than the branches around it.

That's right next to the tree we cut down! We were scared that we would scare him while cutting down the tree and he'd run onto another canopy! While I was climbing, I saw a "mass" that was not like the rest of the tree, but with rain falling in my eyes and an overcast day, it was hard to tell. so we opted to cut down the tree and when it fell, it wasn't there anymore. And that tree is one or two over from the one we cut down!

I understand multiple trees have been cut down.... I'm hoping it was done to eliminate the "climb from one tree to the other without going to the ground" opportunity.

It's very hard, looking at the pictures, to know what patch of leaves is in what tree. And, of course, chameleons are designed to hide in trees.....

Good luck on Sunday! I've been checking in everyday for any news, I'm sure he will turn up soon. He's just enjoying all the summer sun :rolleyes:

Red7ny1 was great!

Unfortuntately, no Zen found today, but Red7ny1 was really helpful and had great stories to tell. He helped us focus on where Zen might be hiding. He also was good at helping us keep a healthy, balanced perspective in reference to if Zen is found or not.

Thank you so much Red7ny1!!!

We're still looking!

Marla

Still no Zen, but not giving up

We cut a couple more trees down, gently bringing them down to search. Called a couple rescue agencies and vet offices to find a female panther to maybe attract Zen home. Getting a ton of crickets on Wednesday (some for our leopard gecko, Smiley) and am going to put them in clear aquarium with vine leading to inside of it. Still have basking light on 24/7.

We'll keep everyone up to date.

Thanks again for everything!

Marla

That is such a bummer:( Ive lost one for 3 days before finding it. I got some dixie cups, but a few crickets in them and then placed them in branches of the trees around the house. It didnt work because the cham had wandered further than what I thought it would but I finally found it eating away at something in the tree. You could try that, use deli cups or whatever and also try the aquarium too. You could place more in the trees if you use the cups.

Try watering the trees with a hose which may cause him to move around. He should be fine for a while if he gets rain from time to time. The temps shouldnt be a problem. Hope you find him before it gets too dry and hot though.

Good luck.

Every day i read this looking and hoping for that WE FOUND HIM POST ! , Good luck to you, I even showed my girlfriend this post, we both have our fingers crossed for you.

No further news

I'm sorry to say that we are starting to think that if he's still alive (i.e. not eaten by a hawk or froze during the 46 degree night) that we aren't going to find him. He is in a 5,000 sq. ft. area with over 50 trees that are over 30 feet tall. It has very dense brush all along the ground and the trees are very thickly leaved at the top.

We're not completely giving up. We still want to try a female cham and some more crickets. But I just can't see finding him in all that vegetation. It's hardest for my 13-yo. daughter who, at this point, just wants closure, to know if he is alive or not and if he is alive that he is ok and happy.

I was wondering, if we brought a female chameleon in, would it have to be a panther chameleon like Zen, or would a Jackson or veiled female work as well? Just curious.

Thanks again to everyone for their wonderful support and great ideas for finding Zen.

Marla

Just a thought ... maybe a stupid one , but a thought just the same : If somebody had a pair of those goggles that see heat images ( body heat ) , would that maybe help spot him if he's out there somewhere ??

Just a thought ... maybe a stupid one , but a thought just the same : If somebody had a pair of those goggles that see heat images ( body heat ) , would that maybe help spot him if he's out there somewhere ??

Problem is being cold blooded he's still not gonns be that obvious.

Back
Top Bottom