Frank's Thread

So beautiful!

I like the suspicious looks that pair gave you when you took the picture - classic! :D

Thanks Maya, they are definitely shy when mating. It's impossible for me to get a good photo.

Hey Frank,
I look forward to your updates, and the pics of all your animals. Awesome collection thanks for sharing.
Dave

Thanks Dave for the encouragement! I will do my best to keep it updated. Gives me an excuse to work on photography.

Frank I so look forward to your updates. Thanks for taking the time for us. Your chams always look perfect and delight me.:D

Nice photos of some gorgeous animals.

I love your carpets!

Frank I so look forward to your updates. Thanks for taking the time for us. Your chams always look perfect and delight me.:D

That really does mean a lot :eek:. I'm happy to share and be a member of the "chameleon community".

Here's another from this morning. She was snapping up bean beetles and hydei like crazy but of course stopped as soon as the camera came out. Still managed to get one half-way decent shot.

This is not a recent photo but I thought you all might enjoy it. Two summers ago I went to South Africa to see the Cape region and go on safari. While I hunted in several areas supposedly known for Bradypodion around the cape I did not find any, it was during their winter. Luckily one of our guides in Kruger helped me find some C. dilepis. I know it's a common species but it was really special to get to hold and then release a wild chameleon. :)

That would be wonderful! How special it must be to hold one in the wild. I envy you!! Someday I am going back to Hawaii for the millionth time just to see a jackson in the wild. Never bothered before as hubby was along, this time I will take my sister, the person who got me into herps.:D

That would be wonderful! How special it must be to hold one in the wild. I envy you!! Someday I am going back to Hawaii for the millionth time just to see a jackson in the wild. Never bothered before as hubby was along, this time I will take my sister, the person who got me into herps.:D

It was definitely a great experience to see and touch one in the wild.

Hawaii would be awesome, never been there myself.

This is not a recent photo but I thought you all might enjoy it. Two summers ago I went to South Africa to see the Cape region and go on safari. While I hunted in several areas supposedly known for Bradypodion around the cape I did not find any, it was during their winter. Luckily one of our guides in Kruger helped me find some C. dilepis. I know it's a common species but it was really special to get to hold and then release a wild chameleon. :)

Very nice!

My family went to Cape Town in the early summer and we did get to see some Bradypodion. https://www.chameleonforums.com/cape-town-bradypodion-pumilum-98061/

Another clutch of carpet eggs last week. :) This little girl only laid seven eggs but they look fertile. She is the smallest of my four girls but it seems to be her final size. She has not grown since I got her five months ago. This clutch is unrelated to the other two clutches I am incubating now so I'm hopeful for unrelated pairs to offer in the future.

It was pretty obvious she had laid eggs that morning... Poor girl was completely covered in dirt. She is eating and drinking heavily and seems to be recovering well. :)

Spring has finally arrived! :cool:

This male lateralis was not impressed with the good weather. It probably had more to do with the camera in his face but he was not having the photo shoot. :p I wanted to bring the girls out but they are all gravid and set to lay soon so I left them inside.

My sweetheart of a female graminea was much more obliging.

Make some wings for that graminea and she could be a dragon! She is very beautiful. Love her face.
Grouchy Carpet boy is handsome too:D

Make some wings for that graminea and she could be a dragon! She is very beautiful. Love her face.
Grouchy Carpet boy is handsome too:D

Haha yeah, I love their scalation, very dragon-like. Her gentleness really does come across in her face I think.

Thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom