Frank's Thread

Young male xantholophus dinner time

Female abronia graminea. Love her scalation!

Female lateralis

An orchid just beginning to bloom in an Abronia enclosure

Male Lygodactylus williamsi trying to hide his beautiful color

Hey Frank, did you see that Bill Strand's graminea are just getting the green coloration now? He posted it on the Dragon Strand Facebook page I believe.

WOW!!! Beautiful habitats and amazing animals!!!

Thank you!

Hey Frank, did you see that Bill Strand's graminea are just getting the green coloration now? He posted it on the Dragon Strand Facebook page I believe.

No I didn't. I will have to like Dragon strand on Facebook. :) Mine aren't very green right now because of poor t8 lighting. I am getting t5ho this week actually. When I keep them outside or under mercury vapor lamps they get much more green instead of pale aqua.

Once you go T5 HO you don't go back...at least until something more advanced comes out. I love them!

Awesome, I've been meaning to do it for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger.

Still loving those pictures Frank. You do make me miss having williamsii.:(

Thanks Laurie. :) Give me some time to build up my group and I will hopefully have extra that will need homes. I have sixteen eggs at the moment. :D Chris and I are going to exchange some young williamsi this weekend so I will have three bloodlines going.

Made the switch to T5HO :)

Finally made the switch from my old T8NO fixtures and bulbs to T5HO on my main cage system. The bottom cages received quad fixtures (they are taller) and the top cages received only dual fixtures. There's a good chance that I will add another set of dual fixtures to the top. On Saturday I will be getting Arcadia 6% bulbs from Nick at Canvas Chameleons to add to the fixtures. Up until now I have been using Zoo Med reptisun 10.0 bulbs.

I couldn't really capture it well but this is the best photo I could get to try to show the difference between the T5HO and the T8NO bulbs. There are two T5HO bulbs on the left and two T8NO bulbs on the right.

The whole system lit up with HO lighting. :)

The bulbs I received with the fixtures are likely not the best so I am doing research and will probably replace the regular 6500K bulbs with higher quality 6500K bulbs in the near future. But, so far I am happy I took the plunge. Honestly though I am leaning towards four bulbs instead of just two as being "good" indoor lighting for bigger cages. Thanks for looking!

Frank, you built your system or had someone do it right? I really like it and might want to copy it. I am out of room and that could add a lot of room for me. Any hints?

I could even keep Williamsii in one of those.

Wow! You have some amazing set ups and animals. I LOVE the in-wall tank with all the geckos. That's amazing! I hope to have something similiar to your set up later in life. Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Hamburg show

I had a great time this weekend at the Hamburg reptile show and getting to hang out with Kevin, Chris, Carl, Nick, and Amanda. Nick and Amanda were nice enough to have us over and we got to see some of their amazing collection. :D

Lots of great campani

Rhampholeon acuminatus

Trioceros werneri

Another Furcifer lateralis mating this week. :D This mating is from a different pair than before. The female is WC and the male is CBB from Kevin. Hoping for fertile eggs in a month and unrelated hatchlings later in the year. Unfortunately they were being shy so these were the best pics I could get.

Awesome pictures Frank! Thanks for sharing them and thanks for hanging out after the show. It is always so much fun but then again how can you not have a great time when Kevin is there :D

Wow! You have some amazing set ups and animals. I LOVE the in-wall tank with all the geckos. That's amazing! I hope to have something similiar to your set up later in life. Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Thank you! That 125 gallon in wall tank is just a planted aquarium now. I'll have to take some pics.

Awesome pictures Frank! Thanks for sharing them and thanks for hanging out after the show. It is always so much fun but then again how can you not have a great time when Kevin is there :D

Thanks Nick! Haha, it was definitely a hilarious time. Thanks again for the hospitality. You have an awesome collection. F. campani are still one of my favorite species of chameleon. I hope you crack that species so I can work with CB ones in the future.

I'm shy, remember Nick?

I am loving this lateralis action Frank! :)

Oh, I remember, shy is what I always think of when I think of you Kevin.:rolleyes: But I love your shy, retiring, understated personality.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes...shy...

You were right Kevin, he is old enough to breed! Let's hope he's old enough to fertilize the eggs. I am still waiting for a break in the snow to go get my two new female lateralis.

Back
Top Bottom