Have to open my mouth

As a first time reptile owner, and choosing a chameleon at that, I knew I had my work cut out for me. I researched this forum for about 6-8 months prior to making 'the move.' After my first post (of my setup, and plans) I had one person in particular jump down my throat. However, I didn't let that get in the way of a long awaited interest, and future love. Despite a rough start, I've learned to ignore those who have negative things to say, and listen to the rest. Thankfully those that are truly helpful tend to out weigh the negative. Thanks to the members of this forum I have a happy healthy 7 gram man!
Margo

@mgebbie-Glad that you stayed even though rough start. Congratulations on that growing boy :)

@carlo17 very happy you have had a good experience I really hope it stays that way :D

@Canny Chams- I understood you did not like it. It seems that everyone, everywhere forgot how to be nice on the internet since your old forum was mean too :( I dislike that people think it is okay to hurt peoples feelings and such just because they are not face to face to them. :mad:

I guess my experience here has been a little different. I have taken the road less traveled side of arguments on this forum many times. I have even sided with the dreaded petsmart :eek: and Petco :eek: on occasion. I have never had any one be rude to me. I have only been treated with respect even if I have a descenting opinion. Now I have seen some rude posts, but they seem to be aimed more at people who ask for advice and then decide they know better and try to argue their way to being right. I believe that if you post on any forum that you really need to educate yourself a little before you post. I lurked on this forum for months before posting anything, and I never just post random stuff to get the post count up. I guess I am just a little naive or just lack self confidence, but I usually assume that when I post on any forum that people there are more experienced than I am and have only things that will help me to offer.

Thanks
Daveo

I guess I am just a little naive or just lack self confidence, but I usually assume that when I post on any forum that people there are more experienced than I am and have only things that will help me to offer.

Thanks
Daveo

I don't think you lack self confidence at all. You are being open minded, thoughtful, and tolerant. And, you think before typing!

As they say, perception is everything. If someone decides to post a question or comment they are hesitant about (or they are predicting what sort of replies they'll get), they are already sensitized and much more likely to get defensive.

Back
Top Bottom