MBD, please help!!!!!!

This will be my last quote to you, Don't be rude. Your words will NOT BE TOLERATED in this forum. Please don't post anymore replies on this thread if you want to act like that.
Are you talking to me personally? If you are you need to read the forum rules again, the same ones you were so kind to point out to me...Have a great day ;)

Are you talking to me personally? If you are you need to read the forum rules again, the same ones you were so kind to point out to me...Have a great day ;)

The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriosity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” You and everyone else has tried to help. He doesn't want to hear it. We need to stop replying and let him be and pray for chameleon, who is innocent in all this.

I have been reading this from the beginning. He's 9. He heard what he wanted from a vet. His parents presumably not being reptile enthusiasts puts him in a relatively difficult situation as one vet they already dished out money to gave him the ok. They are likely ignorant in the basics of successful reptile keeping. A sad and very common occurrence. There are thousands upon thousands of cheaper end reptiles suffering in this same situation. Arguing with a child is not going to do anything productive. Save your advice for someone willing to listen and utilize it.

I have been reading this from the beginning. He's 9. He heard what he wanted from a vet. His parents presumably not being reptile enthusiasts puts him in a relatively difficult situation as one vet they already dished out money to gave him the ok. They are likely ignorant in the basics of successful reptile keeping. A sad and very common occurrence. There are thousands upon thousands of cheaper end reptiles suffering in this same situation. Arguing with a child is not going to do anything productive. Save your advice for someone willing to listen and utilize it.
Well, one of my family members had a garter snake, and most of them had turtles. I'm maybe the first to have a chameleon.

Because I made this thread BEFORE I went to the vet.
Great so ur current vet change ur mind correct?
So would u want everyone to agree with ur vet that ur cham has no MBD since u keep saying that.....so now I see the issue is ur vet,if I were u I would ask the vet "why does my cham look so different??" And "what is the real reason to cause that happen??" Also ask the vet "how to provide supplements n what type of the supplements or the proper solution for ur cham,since u believe ur vet is correct and he should guaranteed u that ur cham has absolutely postively no MBD at all,and also provides u the correct way to care for ur cham
Please proof us wrong so we can learn something new from ur vet......
And DO let us know what did ur vet telling u,so everyone will add that on their note book n leave u TRUST along with ur VET.
if something happen later on with ur cham,please take that to ur vet too,since everyone here in this forum already inform u their thoughts,and everything will be on ur vet now to decide,hopefully ur vet made the right decision for u and ur cham on ur pictures!!

Great so ur current vet change ur mind correct?
So would u want everyone to agree with ur vet that ur cham has no MBD since u keep saying that.....so now I see the issue is ur vet,if I were u I would ask the vet "why does my cham look so different??" And "what is the real reason to cause that happen??" Also ask the vet "how to provide supplements n what type of the supplements or the proper solution for ur cham,since u believe ur vet is correct and he should guaranteed u that ur cham has absolutely postively no MBD at all,and also provides u the correct way to care for ur cham
Please proof us wrong so we can learn something new from ur vet......
And DO let us know what did ur vet telling u,so everyone will add that on their note book n leave u TRUST along with ur VET.
if something happen later on with ur cham,please take that to ur vet too,since everyone here in this forum already inform u their thoughts,and everything will be on ur vet now to decide,hopefully ur vet made the right decision for u and ur cham on ur pictures!!
He is just a underweight chameleon. I need answers from anyone who replied on this thread, have you ever had a underweight chameleon. Please answer the question, if you can. He climbs and grips very good.

2. I need info from a vet I can go and see in person. This is why I only took info from the vet I went to ( I did use some of your information though).

He is just a underweight chameleon. I need answers from anyone who replied on this thread, have you ever had a underweight chameleon. Please answer the question, if you can. He climbs and grips very good.

2. I need info from a vet I can go and see in person. This is why I only took info from the vet I went to ( I did use some of your information though).
And my answer to ur questions are..
Do u still believe in ur current vet?
If u still do,please call and ask ur vet :)

Call? Isn't that is a little too much to ask someone I really don't know like that, if you know what I mean?
Sorry I dont know what u meant,our advice is not good enough for u since ur cham doesn't have MBD ,according to ur current vet ,so we would like u to find out more from ur vet,so we all can learn from u:)

I'm 12, and believe me, I can relate. You have to rely on your parents money, and you can't just drive there yourself and pay them, you have to have parents permission. You believe your vet because s/he said that they have dealt with chameleons before, but even professionals make mistakes! It does look like your Cham has MBD, and I agree with everyone saying that the only way to really find out is with X-rays and blood tests. These people know what they're talking about a lot more than I do, but I see MBD. Please call your vet and see if you can come in sometime this week maybe, and have an xray done. Good luck

Ok, now I'm speaking as the moderator. Why do you think he feels attacked? You guys are clearly aggravating the situation intentionally because you're frustrated but also because you're having fun. Why the heck would he listen to such condescending people? If you're going to tell people things they don't want to hear then you need to learn how to do it with a little compassion and patience. Either offer helpful advice ONLY or infractions will be issued. His age is overall irrelevant. If anything you knowing his age should make it obvious that more patience and explanation of your reasoning is needed. Not bullying or condescension.

It ok dont feel bad....Alphakenc loves to potty train babies since every baby has different learning level ,soon or later they will get it ....maybe when they realize they ran out of the diaper size and making more mess everywhere if u know what I mean:)

A kid telling an adult to 'not get cocky' is pretty cocky if you ask me...
Just saying...o_O

Dude... Give it a rest.
The kid had the answer he was looking/hoping for and will no longer take in any advise...

In the end he's still a kid relying on the financial aid of his parents and probably should not yet be owning a costly animal like a chameleon.
(I purposely didn't say pet, since it's not)

be a responsible 9 years old to help ur sick cham,or stick with ur Lego toy since u are not going to listen what people telling u,say no more kid!!

I know you are but it's probably best you abandon this downer of a topic before it ruins your mood and share yer knowledge with someone that does want to hear it.

All of these are unnecessary posts with no intention to help, only to aggravate. Enough.

Last edited:
Well, one of my family members had a garter snake, and most of them had turtles. I'm maybe the first to have a chameleon.

I wasn't insulting anyone in your family by any means. I just know how ignorant some can be who don't keep specialty pets. There is usually a lot more to a reptile purchase than the initial costs. Lizards generally more so than others. Your best bet is to have your parents read over some of the caresheets and explain what you think is wrong, and explain what you need to correct and potentially save the young chameleons life.

If he choose to believe in his current vet,no matter what we telling him ,he won't agree ,maybe his current vet believe in something that we dont,so all we need is the diagnosis fact sheets he get from his vet to identify why he believes its only a underweight chameleon instead of a MBD chameleon like everyone suggested .

Here is the answer for number 2 if u n ur family willing to try another vet which Jannb suggested,just to get a second opinion for ur cham.
Did you go to Dr. Brad Wilson?

Now the kid jus wrote on his status update... "Was MBD, Please Help!!! the biggest thread in the history of this forum, if so, please say something!!!!!"
U guys see a pattern here....??

I wasn't insulting anyone in your family by any means. I just know how ignorant some can be who don't keep specialty pets. There is usually a lot more to a reptile purchase than the initial costs. Lizards generally more so than others. Your best bet is to have your parents read over some of the caresheets and explain what you think is wrong, and explain what you need to correct and potentially save the young chameleons life.
I was just trying to tell you. Not being rude.

Now the kid jus wrote on his status update... "Was MBD, Please Help!!! the biggest thread in the history of this forum, if so, please say something!!!!!"
U guys see a pattern here....??
I only said this because when I saw it said #118; 118 replies. Isn't that kinda big, anyways, back to topic.

Back
Top Bottom