Somebody please help me!!!

I wonder about maybe taking high resolution pictures of the tree and then look at them as big as you can. If you can find him in a picture, then you'll at least know he's there. I'd even be willing to help play "where's Waldo" if you can get a big file to me.

I wonder about maybe taking high resolution pictures of the tree and then look at them as big as you can. If you can find him in a picture, then you'll at least know he's there. I'd even be willing to help play "where's Waldo" if you can get a big file to me.

I like that idea I can play too.

It's starting to get a little darker now, but i'll definately appreciate any help you can give. I'll take pictures tomorrow in the sun so the picture is clearer and the tree is easier to see into . . . are you thinking multiple close-ups? or one big picture of the tree?

be patient, you will need to be the hunter and study each branch of each tree carefully, look for any odd shape on the branches. it will be like squirrel hunting... they freeze in the tree and you have to search each branch for something out of the norm.... when you find an odd shape you need to watch it for a little bit to see if there is any movement. use some good binoc's!
best of luck to you!

Thanks for the advice and all your help! got a good pair of binoculars already :)

It's starting to get a little darker now, but i'll definately appreciate any help you can give. I'll take pictures tomorrow in the sun so the picture is clearer and the tree is easier to see into . . . are you thinking multiple close-ups? or one big picture of the tree?

You definitely want it sunny! If it were me, I'd start with one "long shot" of the whole area, then a series of closeups moving systematically from left to right, top to bottom...that way, the frame number will tell you where in the "big picture" the closeup is.

My gut feeling is that he's not ranging too widely. If you can pin down what part of the tree he's in tomorrow, then chances are he'll be close to that area most of the time.

I'm going to PM you with my e-mail address (so, you can send as big a file as you want) and I'll see if I can make that clearer.

You definitely want it sunny! If it were me, I'd start with one "long shot" of the whole area, then a series of closeups moving systematically from left to right, top to bottom...that way, the frame number will tell you where in the "big picture" the closeup is.

My gut feeling is that he's not ranging too widely. If you can pin down what part of the tree he's in tomorrow, then chances are he'll be close to that area most of the time.

I'm going to PM you with my e-mail address (so, you can send as big a file as you want) and I'll see if I can make that clearer.

Thanks alot, really i'm going to take pictures soon as i get back to my house and whoever wants to help, just let me know and PM me with your email and i'd love to send you the pictures as well :D

I'm still searching the pictures! There are so many leaves that look possibly chameleon shaped!

I started to circle possible chameleons in red, but then there was red all over the place! :( I'm still looking!

Good luck, it seems the forum has giving great ideas again. Keep at it. In the morning look in the sunny side of the tree after a night out in 60 to 70 degrees a veiled will be looking to bask.

Okay,

I've done some GFX work on the images, I used a hue edit/ multiple edit trick I've used to locate birds in trees and applied the same concept to these images... I got a few possible locations but the biggest one seems to be if you take a look at angle A, search where A1, A2, A3, and A4 meet; I see some unique discoloration in the area where they intersect... Could just be something funky with the tree but I get a pretty big area of discoloration.... Just a hunch but make sure to check around there often.

Okay,

I've done some GFX work on the images, I used a hue edit/ multiple edit trick I've used to locate birds in trees and applied the same concept to these images... I got a few possible locations but the biggest one seems to be if you take a look at angle A, search where A1, A2, A3, and A4 meet; I see some unique discoloration in the area where they intersect... Could just be something funky with the tree but I get a pretty big area of discoloration.... Just a hunch but make sure to check around there often.

Maybe you could post it on here if it is small enough? I would love to see what you are looking at.

Okay, again it's only a hunch because I'm not sure if it works the same way since they blend so well but here's what I found.... It's the ONLY discoloration of this size and nature throughout the entire tree.

Cham.jpg

search where A1, A2, A3, and A4

I haven't looked much at Angle A yet, but I will and will keep that in mind. I've sent Daguerreotype a few areas that seem promising to me.

It's so fun because the mind wants to give order to the chaos that is "looking at it really blown up".

It's like...."oh, hey, Mr. Spock!"...."a Kabuki mask!!!" .... "is that a seahorse?"

So far I have ruled out every spot I thought he might be... I suppose I'm no help. :( blah! I wish I was there to help look!!

Cawagula...I don't know what that is, but I don't think is's a chameleon. Here's what it looks like in the picture.

Attachments

• whatisit.gif
    whatisit.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom