Lizard jail

I couldn't kill an animal unless my life depended on it.
That's how I feel. I've been bitten by a garter snake too but they're so slow about it. They bluff so much 1st. Mouth open, no real fangs, and I practically have to put my finger in their mouth to get them to do it. Now a black snake I wouldn't want to be bitten by, they're nasty here

The one that bit me bit me in the spring. They were all coming out of the hibernacula so it was a mating frenzy. Definitely not the time to pick one up.

I couldn't kill an animal unless my life depended on it.
Some invasive animals need to be removed from certain areas. Coyotes, which are invasive to Alabama, kill and eat probably half of the newborn fawns on our land, drastically decreasing the deer population. Feral pigs, which are also invasive, dig up the land looking for food. With no natural predators, these animals reproduce rapidly. Hunters have to do the job of the predators which are not present in our ecosystem. I do not believe in killing birds, especially pretty ones like cardinals. As for killing small animals like squirrels, there are many people in our area that will happily accept what we kill and don't eat. My point is, no animal should be killed purely for sport, but if you eat it, or it is not even supposed to be there in the first place, then that justifies the animal's killing.

Some invasive animals need to be removed from certain areas. Coyotes, which are invasive to Alabama, kill and eat probably half of the newborn fawns on our land, drastically decreasing the deer population. Feral pigs, which are also invasive, dig up the land looking for food. With no natural predators, these animals reproduce rapidly. Hunters have to do the job of the predators which are not present in our ecosystem. I do not believe in killing birds, especially pretty ones like cardinals. As for killing small animals like squirrels, there are many people in our area that will happily accept what we kill and don't eat. My point is, no animal should be killed purely for sport, but if you eat it, or it is not even supposed to be there in the first place, then that justifies the animal's killing.
So should we take the coyotes and feed them to the alligators?

My wife thinks I should die my grey hair to.
Like a jailbird, I still workout a lot. But I decided to let my beard grow a few winters ago and was shocked at how much white was in it. Weird how top/scalp hair stays dark and beard goes white, or that some have the reverse.

Like a jailbird, I still workout a lot. But I decided to let my beard grow a few winters ago and was shocked at how much white was in it. Weird how top/scalp hair stays dark and beard goes white, or that some have the reverse.
Reverse for me.

Well we could entertain ourselves by letting the Gators go for a hunt...
As much as I hate coyotes, I don't think I could stomach watching them get eaten by gators. I do think that the coyotes should be put into the moat live, to keep the alli. A lazy alligator that has forgotten how to hunt is just as much of a bad defense as a malnourished gator. However, just as we might give our chams a waxworm every once in a while, deposit fried coyote should be allowed as a treat for good behavior. Or we could have a "you catch 'em, we'll cook 'em" policy in case an alligator got a prisoner...

Watching gators eat isn't that bad... It's more when they try to go back to semi rotting meat in the water and it smells gross as well you know XD

Back
Top Bottom