What kind of chameleon do i have ? :s

Matt1851

Hey guys i just bought a chameleon :) shes about 2 months old but the store told me it was called a nose be chameleon. i looked on the internet and i cant find anything someone help!

picture is kindof blury... what did you pay for it?

to me it looks like a panther chameleon, if the store said it was nosey be than your panther will end up mostly blue in color... and i expect you paid around 200 for it

amiright?

also if you wouldnt midn filling out the help form, we can get you started off right :)

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?

it is a good idea to fill out that form but its prob a nosey be panther chameleon which grow up to be bright blue if they are males which i cant tell from your picture. I like the nosey bes alot and they can get very nice.

Its a female panther chameleon. Furcifer pardalis is the scientific name. You had better start researching proper requirements for her. Is this your first cham? If so you may want to take her back and get a boy. Jmo but girls are a littler bit harder to raise for a new cham owner. You really should start out w a male and learn the ropes before taking on a female. If the store had males i would return her. thats jmo though. She is very nice looking but a male would be simpler as far as his requirements.

The color makes me think female, but we won't know for sure until we get a good tail picture!

I see! The way you worded it (or the way I interpreted it) made me think you were declaring she was female. My bad :)

No worries. I should have looked at pic. Just got a little perturbed cause i hate pet stores selling females to 1st time cham owners. I think we should walk before we run. I know some on here will say they started w a fem but personally im glad the 1st cham i had was a male veiled.

Well, if I had had this site as a resource I don't think having a female as a first Cham would have been so bad. I guess I lucked out when I picked up my first Cham and they only had him left :)

My first cham is my female - I figure if you study, research and ask questions and discuss often, chances are you can successfully keep a female veiled. You just need to be attentive and passionate. Very important!

where might i find the help form? and i actually have done alooooooooooooooot of reasearch on chameleons and to add to that my girlfriend has a vield and im at her place alot to handle it and whatnot. i know for females that i gotta watch they dont become eggbound so in a little bit when shes older im gunna get her a container for her to lay her eggs. as far as my chameleon they didnt have any boys :\ i paid 250 for her canadian i thought it was alright. i know pretty much everything there is to know about chameleons but this is just my first time owning one. so if someone could tell me where to find that care sheet that would be awsome :)

Yeah well i got my first cham in '95 so there were few places to go for help other than the cin. i was fortunate my vet bred chams at that time.

Very cute...I, too, am curious about the purple butt...is it maybe a "pricing mark" from the store that hasn't worn off yet?

Back
Top Bottom