Sick veiled chameleon. Help please

Being nervous is definitely a new cham mom thing. Once you get your trellises set up and branches horizontal from one wall to the other, and some more plants in there, all of that should create a bit of a plant "Web" that helps hold all of itself in place. Then he'll be able to go along vines and branches and all that without fear of anything tipping over, because the branches and vines and other plants will hold each other in place and nothing should tip.

When I get home I can send a picture of my enclosure - there's currently no cham in it (I lost my boy about a month ago) but I've been keeping his plants watered and lit, so they've been growing excellently!
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for your loss!!! Yes please if you have a minute that would be awesome!! Thank you!! ❤️

Well... my boy finally pooped and i took it to the vet and brought the wrong wallet so i have to go back tomorrow and pay for it and they'll test it. Yay!! I think the tree falling scared the poo out of him!

Here is one of my enclosures. Hardwood sticks from outside are wonderful, giving them a good wash with dawn and water and letting them dry really good in the sun. I real like miss skittles set up with the garden trellis on the sides. It’s great for holding sticks and plants. My plants are an umbrella tree, golden pothos, some thing in the front top and maybe one small one at the bottom. That’s it.
Just wanted to give you an idea, I know calmity crow is going to share so you’ll see a great enclosure there.
I think mine is o k . Some of the enclosures are very awesome round here. 😄

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 2
Bubba is officially in his new house! I did not realize that i needed zip ties for some reason....and that tree looked at lot bigger when i bought it lol. Bubs is hiding in the tiny tree lol hes a happy boy i think. Now to fill up that extra space!!
I did the same thing with my enclosures, I either didn't get enough plants or got way too many.....tis the life of a chameleon keeper. He looks amazing! You are doing such a great job and I'm sure he just loves that money tree!

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for your loss!!! Yes please if you have a minute that would be awesome!! Thank you!! ❤️

Well... my boy finally pooped and i took it to the vet and brought the wrong wallet so i have to go back tomorrow and pay for it and they'll test it. Yay!! I think the tree falling scared the poo out of him!
Here's mine right now. I've never seen pothos leaves get so BIG!

Attachments

• 20240905_171403.jpg
    20240905_171403.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240905_171414.jpg
    20240905_171414.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3
Here is one of my enclosures. Hardwood sticks from outside are wonderful, giving them a good wash with dawn and water and letting them dry really good in the sun. I real like miss skittles set up with the garden trellis on the sides. It’s great for holding sticks and plants. My plants are an umbrella tree, golden pothos, some thing in the front top and maybe one small one at the bottom. That’s it.
Just wanted to give you an idea, I know calmity crow is going to share so you’ll see a great enclosure there.
I think mine is o k . Some of the enclosures are very awesome round here. 😄
Its so pretty!!!

Update 09/07/24:
Ol'Bubbs finally popped the other day! Off to the vet in a tiny ketchup cup! I didn't have the money so they told me to come back tomorrow. (Sweet ladies and vet) so i got the money and they called me they did the test anyway and had results and meds ready. Hook worms and another type of parasite. I guess thats why hes still not eating on his own? I am so grateful for this nice vet office! Npw we have meds now and in two weeks. Then we find the poop a month after that and go back. Picture of Bubba this morning atill sleeping ❤️❤️
Does anyone have any advice as to what i can do for him in the meantime?

Attachments

• 20240907_054710.jpg
    20240907_054710.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 3
Update 09/07/24:
Ol'Bubbs finally popped the other day! Off to the vet in a tiny ketchup cup! I didn't have the money so they told me to come back tomorrow. (Sweet ladies and vet) so i got the money and they called me they did the test anyway and had results and meds ready. Hook worms and another type of parasite. I guess thats why hes still not eating on his own? I am so grateful for this nice vet office! Npw we have meds now and in two weeks. Then we find the poop a month after that and go back. Picture of Bubba this morning atill sleeping ❤️❤️
What was the other parasite? Some are worse than others and require fully sanitizing the enclosure and replacing things that can’t be.
How have you been feeding him? Are you still popping feeders in his mouth, liquid nutrition or ??? As the meds start working and he’s feeling better, he will start eating on his own. The most important thing is hydration. However you’ve been getting him to drink, keep at it until he’s eating on his own. Just remember though that the airway is in the front of the mouth, so aim for the throat with meds, water, food.

What was the other parasite? Some are worse than others and require fully sanitizing the enclosure and replacing things that can’t be.
How have you been feeding him? Are you still popping feeders in his mouth, liquid nutrition or ??? As the meds start working and he’s feeling better, he will start eating on his own. The most important thing is hydration. However you’ve been getting him to drink, keep at it until he’s eating on his own. Just remember though that the airway is in the front of the mouth, so aim for the throat with meds, water, food.
They didn't tell me :(. I just took it as the meds would take care of everything. Sorry :( . Ive ben feeding him dusted crickets w/o d3 and super worms those have been the easiest to feed him right now. For hydration i make sure i mist 2x/day 1 before lights on and 1 after lights off. He has a dripper too and if i have it up pop a watercapful in his mouth when he gets spicy with me always towards the back of the mouth.

They didn't tell me :(. I just took it as the meds would take care of everything. Sorry :( . Ive ben feeding him dusted crickets w/o d3 and super worms those have been the easiest to feed him right now. For hydration i make sure i mist 2x/day 1 before lights on and 1 after lights off. He has a dripper too and if i have it up pop a watercapful in his mouth when he gets spicy with me always towards the back of the mouth.
Keeping his cage clean is the utmost importance, I’m dealing with parasites right now with my guy.

Crickets can carry parasites, where do you get your feeders from?

Update 09/07/24:
He’s your cute boy doing?

Keeping his cage clean is the utmost importance, I’m dealing with parasites right now with my guy.

Crickets can carry parasites, where do you get your feeders from?
Hi there! Right now i get them from pet smart. I did get them from patsense last time bc they said they were gut fed throughout their buying and selling process but they just died after a few days even with the nice little jelly food.
I did give Bubs his metronidazole today and he seems ok (i didnt have any help the other day when i got it.)

He’s your cute boy doing?
Hi there!! Ive been slacking on the Bubb's updates! This is Bubba this morning right before he tried to scare me to death and almost fall. (I'm getting more plants and vines whem i get paid.) I might've almost put my hand through the cage tryong to catch him though the door but thankfully he caught himself. I'm a little worried about him. He looks at food and stares it down but still wont eat or drink. Hopefully his meds clear that up. I'm also keeping his cage nice and tidy incase he decides to poop again to get the worms out.

Attachments

• 20240909_134255.jpg
    20240909_134255.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi there! Right now i get them from pet smart. I did get them from patsense last time bc they said they were gut fed throughout their buying and selling process but they just died after a few days even with the nice little jelly food.
I did give Bubs his metronidazole today and he seems ok (i didnt have any help the other day when i got it.)
I’d be wary buying feeders from stores like pet smart there’s a good risk of cross contamination due to staff taking uneaten feeders and putting them back into stock. This site has some good sponsors that sell high quality bugs at a reasonable price, dubia.com is great and dubia roaches also don’t carry parasites like crickets.

Also when it comes to gut loading there is a handy graphic @MissSkittles can probably post in this thread to point you in the right direction there. There’s also a feeder insect graphic which I don’t have saved but is helpful.

Here are the forms mentioned

Attachments

• 56809268-758D-4C47-9093-1CD6BCA32D66.jpeg
    56809268-758D-4C47-9093-1CD6BCA32D66.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AC3D739E-409C-4465-93AA-865424D1CE91.png
    AC3D739E-409C-4465-93AA-865424D1CE91.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 4D4AAC29-45EB-4B87-BF03-2D2CE54EB4F2.png
    4D4AAC29-45EB-4B87-BF03-2D2CE54EB4F2.png
    853.5 KB · Views: 1
Wow! What a tremendous job you’ve done already! I’m actually shocked he made it from the first look of his condition. Order your crickets in bulk from Fluker farms.com. They are just outside Baton Rouge and standard usps shipping will get them to you in a day or so. You can also order super worms, black solider flies and hornworms from them for reasonable prices. I’m in lafayette btw! There’s also an inexpensive spray automated misting system on Amazon that works pretty well.

https://a.co/d/4WRvXtl

Wow! What a tremendous job you’ve done already! I’m actually shocked he made it from the first look of his condition. Order your crickets in bulk from Fluker farms.com. They are just outside Baton Rouge and standard usps shipping will get them to you in a day or so. You can also order super worms, black solider flies and hornworms from them for reasonable prices. I’m in lafayette btw! There’s also an inexpensive spray automated misting system on Amazon that works pretty well.

https://a.co/d/4WRvXtl
Yay I'm in Monroe! Hi friend!! Be safe in this weather!! I will order from them :) thank you for telling me about them! I'm about to check out that mister now :)

Pic of Bubba last night while he was sleeping ❤️

Attachments

• 20240910_202801.jpg
    20240910_202801.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom