What kind of chameleon do i have ? :s

ya i have the heat lamp. i have a 60 wat zoo med repti basking bulb and i was going to buy the uvb lamp and bulb tommorow but i just found out my dad had recently bought this uvb bulb and didnt tell me if was a light for reptiles lol just trying so see if i could save some money.

oh and one more thing shes not drinking as much as id like ehr to :\ i have a dripper and a small fountain at the bottom of my terrarium so theres plenty of moving water but she only usually drinks when i spray her so i have to do that often so she stays hydrated. will she go to the water if she really needs to or is she ok?

Sorry to tell you, you want to get rid of the fountain. They are bacteria breeding grounds. If you provide a drip several times a day and mist the cage thoroughly letting the cage dry out between mistings, she should have plenty to drink.

alrighty well ya like i said i have the dripper on all day and i mist it now about 3 to 5 times a day is taht to much?

That should be fine. You want to keep the humidity up but dont want the cage to be drenched all the time. Do you have a digital temp/humidity guage? You can get one of those at lowes or home depot for around $12. You should avoid the analog type. They are garbage. Its tuff during the winter but try to keep the humidity around 50% if you can. The kind of temp humidity guage i am referring to has a lead with a probe that you can place in the basking area to make sure its not too hot or cold.

alright. im going to go over to the store i get my supplies from tommorow to grab some stuff for my anoles but im going to look at stuff for her too. The digital im definatly gunna look at to. Whats your say on a fogger?

well the guy at the store said she as a rare species but hey who knows :p

Based on the two pictures in this post I'd say male.

Reasoning being ...

|
|
V

Male.

Attachments

• resting.JPG
    resting.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 324
well now i really dont know what he/she is... they look almost exactally alike! the only thing that makes me think she could be a girl is when shes being handled shes a pinkish color.

well now i really dont know what he/she is... they look almost exactally alike! the only thing that makes me think she could be a girl is when shes being handled shes a pinkish color.

It's entirely possible that it is a female.
That male there was just a VERY late bloomer.
He never showed pinks or peaches, just grey's.

ahhh ic. well im actually really glad i purchased a panther instead of a veild :) i like the crown veilds have and all but they are definatly not as colorful as panthers :) anyone know if panthers (Nosy Be's) are less aggresive when they are older than veilds?

alright. im going to go over to the store i get my supplies from tommorow to grab some stuff for my anoles but im going to look at stuff for her too. The digital im definatly gunna look at to. Whats your say on a fogger?

i use an ultra sonic humidifier. i have heard the foggers dont last so not worth the cost.

" i know pretty much everything there is to know about chameleons "

first......throw this thought out the window.

second.....Welcome aboard.

just dig around this site and do LOTS of searches/reading here and you'll prolly be OK.

last.....$250 Canadian......Thats like $0.47 US no?

$250 Canadian is regular retail price for panthers. That's what we charge for them. If you have connections for at cost pricing (wholesale) then you'd pay half of that .. or a bit less depending on the cost of the lot. I personally think $250 is a lot ..

well i was origonally going to get a male veild that was about a month to two months old but that store was having a little issue with the crickets trying to eat the babies and they were reallly not healthy looking and had bite marks on them so i said noooooooo way. so i wanderd over to another store and thats where i found this lovley little panther. i saw the price of 250 but i just was so decided on her lol.

well if anyone is reading this right after this swing by my profile and theres some pics there and tell me what you think

Looks like a male to me. The three photos in post #37 seem to have a bulge in the tail to me.

Chris

I dont know hwo you seen it but i cant really in the photos. ill try and get a picture of it from underneath tommorow because she/he is sleeping atm lol.

Im actually going to start a new thread just on the topic of she/he is a boy or girl because of all the pages on this thread. Thanks for the help Everyone!

Back
Top Bottom