Sick veiled chameleon. Help please

Any updates on him? Poor guy, the amount of neglect the reptiles go through because of lack of knowledge and just people not caring is horrendous. Hope he’s doing ok? 🦎

Hey friend! Bubba is doing pretty good today! He's sassy and is getting new jammies!!

Attachments

• 20240901_082459.jpg
    20240901_082459.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240901_082634.jpg
    20240901_082634.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 4
The comeback this guy has had is crazy. He’s looking so good. Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into helping him. He definitely wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you! Amazing work 🦎

Bubba is officially in his new house! I did not realize that i needed zip ties for some reason....and that tree looked at lot bigger when i bought it lol. Bubs is hiding in the tiny tree lol hes a happy boy i think. Now to fill up that extra space!!

Attachments

• 20240904_192417.jpg
    20240904_192417.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240904_192404.jpg
    20240904_192404.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240904_192354.jpg
    20240904_192354.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 5
Bubba is officially in his new house! I did not realize that i needed zip ties for some reason....and that tree looked at lot bigger when i bought it lol. Bubs is hiding in the tiny tree lol hes a happy boy i think. Now to fill up that extra space!!
Great start 💪🏻
I think we’ll experienced a similar situation, or it was too big 😂😂

So. I walked out this morning to Bubba's palace and he was kind of hanging on the tree but one foot wasn't and he was a little sideways. He was freezing so i have him in my shirt under another shirt and he's just sitting here hanging out. What can i do to make sure he isn't so cold?

Attachments

• 20240905_062750.jpg
    20240905_062750.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 3
Aww…chilly guy. 🥶 Veileds can actually handle temps down into the 50’s and be fine. While we wouldn’t intentionally make them that cold, it is good to have nights in the 60’s. It is a bit disconcerting though for us to feel their bodies be so cold, but they are ok. You do need to get his enclosure set up so he’s got a basking area which is about 8-9” below his lights. Then he can easily warm up when the lights go on and get optimum uvb levels.

Aww…chilly guy. 🥶 Veileds can actually handle temps down into the 50’s and be fine. While we wouldn’t intentionally make them that cold, it is good to have nights in the 60’s. It is a bit disconcerting though for us to feel their bodies be so cold, but they are ok. You do need to get his enclosure set up so he’s got a basking area which is about 8-9” below his lights. Then he can easily warm up when the lights go on and get optimum uvb levels.
I definitely will do that today. I'm off work finally *angels singing* then I'm headed to the hardware for zip ties and hopefully some more plants. Bubbs is just chillin looking around in his temporary cocoon. But hes starting to feel a lot warmer. ❤️

I definitely will do that today. I'm off work finally *angels singing* then I'm headed to the hardware for zip ties and hopefully some more plants. Bubbs is just chillin looking around in his temporary cocoon. But hes starting to feel a lot warmer. ❤️
Try the garden trellis to hold your branches and plants. It’s a little bit of work to set up, but well worth it. :)

Also, i have another question. Does his one eye look sunken in? I just helped him pull a shed off of it so he can see

Attachments

• 20240905_070141.jpg
    20240905_070141.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 3
I got a smaller 1/2 panel of it from Home Depot or Lowe’s. I have a tiny Honda and it fit in my car. You maight also want some smaller self tapping screws to install into the frame and the thin gauge wire to attach with.
Now that I’ve let my grey hair be, every time I’m loading my car at Lowe’s there’s always some man coming over asking if I need help. 😀
Also, i have another question. Does his one eye look sunken in? I just helped him pull a shed off of it so he can see
No, he looks fine to me…just a bit spoiled. lol 😂 As he should be!

I got a smaller 1/2 panel of it from Home Depot or Lowe’s. I have a tiny Honda and it fit in my car. You maight also want some smaller self tapping screws to install into the frame and the thin gauge wire to attach with.
Now that I’ve let my grey hair be, every time I’m loading my car at Lowe’s there’s always some man coming over asking if I need help. 😀

No, he looks fine to me…just a bit spoiled. lol 😂 As he should be!
Oh my gosh yes!! If i could show my hair im starting to have a few grey streaks come in. Ususally i act like i have no clue what I'm doing and i get help. O'Reillys is the best lol

If you want to give centerpiece plants on the cage floor more height you can always put them on a pot flipped upside down to do so

If you want to give centerpiece plants on the cage floor more height you can always put them on a pot flipped upside down to do so
Well friend... he flipped his tree already. When i found him he was like..."little help here mom?" It makes me nervous now, is that just a new chameleon mom thing?

Attachments

• 20240905_103851.jpg
    20240905_103851.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 2
Well friend... he flipped his tree already. When i found him he was like..."little help here mom?" It makes me nervous now, is that just a new chameleon mom thing?
Being nervous is definitely a new cham mom thing. Once you get your trellises set up and branches horizontal from one wall to the other, and some more plants in there, all of that should create a bit of a plant "Web" that helps hold all of itself in place. Then he'll be able to go along vines and branches and all that without fear of anything tipping over, because the branches and vines and other plants will hold each other in place and nothing should tip.

When I get home I can send a picture of my enclosure - there's currently no cham in it (I lost my boy about a month ago) but I've been keeping his plants watered and lit, so they've been growing excellently!

Back
Top Bottom