Sick veiled chameleon. Help please

This is the very best news! You’ll need to start getting a true enclosure set up for him so that he can continue to improve. He is holding onto some weight, so while he does need good nutrition, avoid the treat bugs which can be fatty (superworms and wax worms mainly) and make sure to feed your feeders well so that they are more nutritious. Once he fully recovers (which I now have hope that he will), he’ll need to be put on a diet to lose some of his excess. Going to let this happiness and hope get me thru my work night. 💗
IMG_0025.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg

Wow! I was so worried he wasn’t going to make it through that first night to be honest. But I’m so glad he’s doing so much better! I’m new to chams compared to some of the other keepers here, but holy cow I don’t know that I’ve seen a veiled that yellow before! Usually they are much more green. He’s just beautiful

Holy cow, just waking up on this beautiful Sunday morning and this is the first thing to read and it make sooo happy. Luckily this poor boy bounced back and what a stunner, thank you for saving him. Now on the next step and giving him finally a decent home.
Morning! Hes getting a little personality this morning! 🤣 this big guy is so cool! I'm working on getting a proper house this week :)

Wow! I was so worried he wasn’t going to make it through that first night to be honest. But I’m so glad he’s doing so much better! I’m new to chams compared to some of the other keepers here, but holy cow I don’t know that I’ve seen a veiled that yellow before! Usually they are much more green. He’s just beautiful
Thank you so much!! ❤️ Hes turning into a fighter! When hes calm I've noticed he's yellow and when hes po'd hes brown.

Thank you so much!! ❤️ Hes turning into a fighter! When hes calm I've noticed he's yellow and when hes po'd hes brown.
So pretty. My guy gets yellow and teal stripes while he is sleeping. Nothing like your yellow boy tho! Rest of the times he is a mucky green/brown while basking or just various greens. His pajamas are my fav tho.

Todays update: Bubba is a sassy stinker today. All puffed up and hissing. I got him to eat 3 super worms and 2 crickets + 5ml of water. Hes living underneath his uvb bulb and I'm taking him outside for about 10 min twice a day to get sun.

Attached are pictures of said Sassy Stinker. I even got the side eye.

Attachments

• 20240825_182043.jpg
    20240825_182043.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240825_182446.jpg
    20240825_182446.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 6
His 5 minutes of being grateful (calm,nice) to you for saving his life is over, off to being a regular old sassy veiled! 😊 so happy with his progress! 💚 💛

Great!! While you still need to get everything to create his home, there's also another option instead of an enclosure. However, this depends on your situation at home, other pets (dogs or cats), small children, or other hazards that could harm a free roaming chameleon, but free ranging is also an option and my veiled lives almost 3 years in this setup https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/free-range-inspiration.2464/
Just a thought ;-)

Oh my gosh thank you! I feel so embarrassed now. I'm definitely taking him to another vet for a second opinion. I'm just raising the proper funds to do so.
No reason at all to feel embarrassed. We teach here so you feel more confident in being a chameleon keeper. It just shows that your vet did not know anything about your chameleon. There are chameleon species that get to those weights however no veiled or Panther would due to their overall size.

No reason at all to feel embarrassed. We teach here so you feel more confident in being a chameleon keeper. It just shows that your vet did not know anything about your chameleon. There are chameleon species that get to those weights however no veiled or Panther would due to their overall size.
We went to another vet today. She said with proper care that Bubba might make a full recovery, but it was going to be a long uphill battle. I'm totally ok with that. I will do whatever i need to do for him. ❤️ He's not happy about being woken up and going for a car ride but hes back under his uvb light and yellow again. 😁

Adding on to todays adventure, Bubba decided to explore again. We found him huddled up on the internet router. I'm definitely about to order the neptune beginner kit. Hes also eaten 3 super worms and and 2 crickets. No water or vitamins yet due to sass. I weighed him on my kitchen scale and weighed 200gms. Hes just so skinny.

Adding on to todays adventure, Bubba decided to explore again. We found him huddled up on the internet router. I'm definitely about to order the neptune beginner kit. Hes also eaten 3 super worms and and 2 crickets. No water or vitamins yet due to sass. I weighed him on my kitchen scale and weighed 200gms. Hes just so skinny.
Are you not supplementing the insects? You would not put vitamins in his water, you can overdose them this way. You would very lightly coat the insects in the correct supplement for that day's feeding.

Back
Top Bottom